Can't get crash course to link with stencyl or import

kuhneye

What am I doing wrong?

sdieters

tell us more. we cant look into your head knowing exactly what you tried, or what you saw.
My new profile is TheIndieStation.
When you see a recent post with this name, i'm probably using my phone. So dont mind any typo's =p

kuhneye

I downloaded and installed stencyl.

Then downloaded the crash course. It came as a zipped file that I saved to desktop as I could see no option to save to stencyl.

In stencyl I tried to import it with the import function.

Note: I know very little about PCs. Just built one that I'm working on to test an idea. Also only got internet in mobile phone, so download on phone and transfer to PC.

sdieters

if you go to the stencyl forge in stencyl, you can search for "original crash course 1 kit" it was posted by me and will import all the assets for the crash course one to your project.
When you see a recent post with this name, i'm probably using my phone. So dont mind any typo's =p

kuhneye

OK tried that, but as I have no internet connected to PC it will not work.

Anyway I can use the downloaded crash course that I transfered to PC?

sdieters

yeah sorry, just realised that.
download the file in the attachment and save it to your pc. open stencyl and go to File >> Import game and select my file.

kuhneye

Tried that.

When I get asked to select file, I open "crash course kit" and it shows 2 folders:

_MACOSX
Crash Course Kit

I select crash course kit and opens 4 new folders:

linked
resources
scenes
snippets

Then on each of those 4 folders if I select any of them it says "No items match your search"

sdieters

dont use the zip, but import the .STENCYL file I send you.

kuhneye

Ah, sorry just realised what you meant. Downloading now.

kuhneye

Tried that but my PC does not recognise file and refuses to save it or copy it.

Is that a windows file? Should say I'm using windows 7 (pro 64 bit) if it makes a difference?

sdieters

I will do a video about this since you are not the first one who doesnt know how to do this hehe.
i hope to have it online tonight.

kuhneye

Thanks sdieters, I feel like a dumb ...

Will watch the video tomorrow as its night here where I am.

Thanks for your time and help, do appreciate it :-)