Zoom in?

Rawr

I'm working on a game with very low-def sprites (8 by 8 ). It looks okay, cause the game is mostly of blocks. Problem is, the player seems a little small. Is there anyway to let the screen show the sprites at a larger scale? I just can't scale up the dozens of sprites I've already got.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 05:42:58 am by Rawr »

coleislazy

You can scale the entire game by x2, x3, or x4 by going to Game Center->Game Settings.

This will scale everything when the game is run. But be aware that because you are still using small sprites behind-the-scenes, the physics engine will be very sensitive. You may need to adjust settings to get the correct speed, etc.

Rawr

Hmm. Seems to work.
I also set the game dimensions to 1/4 the orginal size to make the window remain in its size, will that also work when I publish the game?

Rawr

Hmm.
Seems to work so far, one more problem.
When it's zoomed in, the tiles are like, huge.

I made a 8*8 tileset and tried to fix the problem, only got worse.
The tiles now don't show correctly, but the collision groups are there.
Exactly what happens when you use two tilesets of different dimensions in one game, but I made sure there's only one here.

Now what?
Is there a way to make a tile, like, smaller?

« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 06:31:21 am by Rawr »

Greg

Are you saying that the tiles are zoomed in more than everything else?  The scaling should be uniform across all objects in your game. 

Rawr

Well no, it's just that I wanted the player to appear bigger, but the tiles got even bigger than that and screwed up.

It makes complete sense, but sadly in a way that doesn't work.

Rawr

Whatever, new topic.
old question solved, new question here:
http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,3534.new.html#new