Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Drawing Utils Extension [1.3.2]

colburt187

Ok thanks that worked, Although I did have to make it just one folder as after deleting that file I had a folder called Drawing utils inside a folder called Drawing utils.

ETHproductions

@colburt187, LIBERADO: I never knew about that file. I'll see if I can manually delete it from the archive later today.
Fontstruct - Stencyl - Website (in progress)

Proud Member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

Fool

For anyone having trouble utilizing this on windows builds, or getting errors with wedge drawing on windows, update to 3.4, build 9180 of stencyl and retry it. It solved errors I was experiencing beforehand.
And also, thank you for making this. This extension has helped me a bunch! Keep up the great work.

Wesxdz

The set spacing block messes up text alignment, it would be nice if this extension automatically adjusted for that.

LIBERADO

Hey @ETHproductions, I have found a bug.
The "[fill] ring..." block doesn't work on any platform other than Flash. It fills a whole circle instead of a ring.
Please, can you fix this bock? I need it to make this effect in some games:

<a href="http://static.stencyl.com/games/35187-0.swf" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://static.stencyl.com/games/35187-0.swf</a>
I'm spanish, excuse me for my bad English.
I'm not a private teacher. Please, post your questions in the public forum.

yoplalala

Hi @Liberado  ! Maybe you can  use the strokes of circles to have the same effect.

LIBERADO

@yoplalala, maybe. But a fix for this bug would be good.

yoplalala

Indeed :) But it's been a month ETHProduction  has not been active, he is maybe still in Holidays, just I was telling just in case, he doesn't come back fast enough

LIBERADO

@yoplalala thanks, I will use a workaround until ETHproductions can fix this bug.

rob1221

Starting in b9439, the set font spacing block is a part of Stencyl's palette.  Due to recent changes in font padding in b9325, the default spacing has been changed to -2.  Also, the font width blocks have been fixed to account for font spacing (b9440).

EDIT: I noticed that the new font padding only applies for older fonts if you open them, mark them as modified, and then save them again.  If you don't re-save the fonts then you'll need to use the spacing block to set the spacing of those fonts back to 0 before drawing your text with those fonts.  Also you may need to open and re-save any behaviors that use the font width blocks.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 07:20:18 am by rob1221 »

LIBERADO

ETHproductions

Hey @LIBERADO, sorry for the late reply--I've been extremely busy and haven't had time for Stencyl. I believe the ring bug is fixed now; could you please test for me? (I've only managed to get Flash and HTML5 to compile on my computer)

You can download the Stencyl 3.2+ version here.

Proud Member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

LIBERADO

Hello @ETHproductions, I am glad to see you back.

I believe the ring bug is fixed now; could you please test for me?
Of course. It seems to work well now when testing it with Stencyl v3.5 Build 9511

Thanks a lot for the fix.

ETHproductions

Sweet, thanks :-) The problem seemed to be that the inner edge of the ring was being drawn in the same direction as the outer edge, resulting in the inner circle being filled in twice rather than being left out. I don't understand why the bug didn't show up on Flash though... Perhaps filling in the same area twice in Flash cancels out that area?