Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Drawing Utils Extension [1.3.2]

LIBERADO

@ETHproductions, maybe decafpanda's issue has something to do with these new fixes:

(b9439) Reduced default font spacing to account for increased padding and also added new block to change font spacing (issue #854)

(b9450) The "draw text on image" block now takes into account letter spacing (issue #854)
I'm spanish, excuse me for my bad English.
I'm not a private teacher. Please, post your questions in the public forum.

decafpanda

I think for some reason the extension is not working at all for him. Here is an example.

When I gave him the file he said all the text looked off center and it could be a result of the extension blocks.  At one point he sent the file back to me to work on.  I immediately saw one of the text events was off center (which wasn't the case before).  I looked at the code and he had put in math code with "width of text" to get it centered.  He put this into the extension's center text block (not a normal draw text block)

On his end, this made that particular text centered perfectly but on my end the text was not centered.

The only thing I can think of is that Stencyl was not reading the logic behind the extension's center text block and reading it as a normal text block.  After the math was calculated it centered the text perfectly.

On my end Stencyl WAS reading  the logic behind the extension's center text block AND his math code witch  made it look off center.

The only conclusion I can come to is that the extension is not working on his end for some reason.

LIBERADO

The only conclusion I can come to is that the extension is not working on his end for some reason.
What Stencyl version is he using?
What Stencyl version are you using?

ceosol

What Stencyl version is he using?

They are off-centered on 9300, 9520 and 9689. I tried all three.

decafpanda

LIBERADO

In addition to fixing the aforementioned bug, a block to draw bezier curves could be added, please.

designpeg

Hi, I'm using this extension in my game, if I download the latest version of this extension to use with Stencyl 3.4  is it likely to break anything?

ETHproductions

@decafpanda, @LIBERADO, @ceosol: Thanks for the bug report; I'll try to get that fixed ASAP. I'll also look into making the bezier curve function into a block.

@designpeg: It seems from the above conversation that the "draw text centered" block has stopped working in the latest versions of Stencyl. I'll try to find the problem...
Fontstruct - Stencyl - Website (in progress)

Proud Member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

LIBERADO

@ETHproductions, if you add the bezier curve function, please consider this new formula: http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,51883.msg294372.html#msg294372

ETHproductions

Heh, I was just looking at that topic ;-) Your function will allow the block to make more sense to the average user ("draw curve from A to B through C" as opposed to "draw curve from A to B with control C"). Maybe I'll include the "with control" as an option for those already experienced with Bezier curves. Thanks!
Fontstruct - Stencyl - Website (in progress)

Proud Member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

LIBERADO

Including both options would be perfect.

decafpanda

Thanks for looking into this!