Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Can't load IOS simulator in stencyl 3.1 with Xcode 6.01

chohin

I'm not sure if the xcode version is too new or I made some mistakes. Any one has any idea? Thanks.

".....
[LOG]     export PATH="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Stencyl-full/plaf/neko-mac:/Applications/Stencyl-full/plaf/haxe:/Applications/Stencyl-full/plaf:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
[LOG]     /usr/bin/touch -c /Users/chohin/stencylworks/games-generated/ios/Export/ios/build/Release-iphonesimulator/ios.app
[LOG] ** BUILD SUCCEEDED **
[LOG] Running command: RUN
[LOG]  - Running command: /Applications/Stencyl-full/plaf/haxe/lib/hxtools/1,1,6/templates/bin/ios-sim launch /Users/chohin/stencylworks/games-generated/ios/Export/ios/build/Release-iphonesimulator/ios.app --sdk 8.0 --family iphone --retina  --timeout 30 --stdout /private/var/folders/18/cgtq_3xd6h3dh593kpsy23600000gn/T/stencyl969876398143183432/scratch/ios-sim.log
[LOG] 0:39: execution error: File iPhone Simulator wasn’t found. (-43)
[LOG] Unable to load simulator framework. Error: (null)
[LOG] Failed to find class DTiPhoneSimulatorSystemRoot at runtime."

Max Finch

1st I think you need to be an Apple Developer to compile even to the simulator. In case you aren't already?

2nd right now you need a subscription to access the latest nightly build which includes the ability to test on the simulator.

jonhyj

I have the same problem. Stencyl is unable to find the simulator (I think it is searching for iOS Sim 5).
I have already accessed my dev account in xcode 6 and it only comes with iOS Simulator 8.
Is there any way to change the iOS Simulator from 8 to 5 ?

Thanks.

Isaac Brown

Any fixes found for this?
Thanks.

captaincomic

@Isaac Brown, like Max Glocking said, for Xcode 6 support you need the private build or wait for 3.2.

Isaac Brown

Thanks CaptainComic!
Any news on a 3.2 release date? Just not quite ready to purchase a licence.
Cheers.

captaincomic

No, sorry, there's no estimated release date. It's released when it's ready (when no serious bugs are left).

kabdulla2

@captaincomic so basically there is no way to currently test a game for iOs in Stencyl??   

I spent about a hundred hours making a game and now am trying to test it in Stencyl but am getting the same error:
[LOG] 0:39: execution error: File iPhone Simulator wasn’t found. (-43)
[LOG] Unable to load simulator framework. Error: (null)
[LOG] Failed to find class DTiPhoneSimulatorSystemRoot at runtime."

rob1221

Try the latest 3.2 beta build and see if that works for you (customer link): http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,13789.0.html

brianburge

Private build?  I was about to pay for a license, but I'm glad I waited.  I need it to work with the new XCODE.

MrD69

Stencyl 9300 build Xcode 8.2 and the same issue is previlent. iOS Simulator can't be found.
Games: Arrow Mania, Breakout/Outbreak, Water Drop