SOS group - Syndicate Of Stencylers

1MrPaul1

I want to return to this question http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,27793.0.html.
I want to create a group for stencylers who want to promote their games effective but for free.

How it will work. (main rules)

When some member of SOS will publish his game, all other members of the syndicate will like it on Facebook, google+, follow on twitter. Also, will download iOs, or Android version of the game. or both, if game is just flash, play in flash version and will give some rating, 5 or 4 or 3 with comment.

Membership in this group is free, but from other side, you will need to pay for this membership by means of your votes, likes etc for other members.

If you(member of SOS) will not like, download, play some game during one month after release of the game, you will be banished from the group without ability to join it again.

On start, group will be controlled by every member of the group by turn.
One member - one week.

As you can see from previous discussion, many guys here saying that this is not fair, to like, to vote, to give stars for the game that they don't like, and for bad games.

But goal of this group - to show stencyl games to as wider audience as  it possible. So, we are, as members of the SOS - not judges, we just need to help to our game to be discovered.

Why it is actual. And why i think that this is more than fair.

- You can find the many services who offer you to like and to download your app for money.
As you know, you need 100 downloads in googleplay in the first day after release for placing your game in the top of the bestnew category.
So, many gus, buying this places on the tops.

other case, game business is very profitable now, and logically, many big corporations working in this business.

How they working. For example Chillingo who discover (Angry Birds).
They have friend in iTunes, and easy promote their games in the appstore.
 Also, as you know, you can legally buy the place in the tops of appstores.
It costs - 150 000$ and higher.
In this is really not fair.

And i already not saying about other offers in the net. As, giving low rating(1 star) and bad comment for the game of your competitors.

This is very very not fair, but this is modern reality of the appstore, steam, and even kongregate. And we need to fight with it, i think...

And in this condition, for reaching tops - you must to have very good game, or you need to be very lucky or you got to be rich.
In other cases, most probably, your game will be lost in the appstores, portals etc and you even will not have a chance to be discovered.

So, if we have this rules in app stores  we need to have some tool that will allow us to fight with big corporations and companies who trying to promote their apps by means of money.

It is not mean, that SOS will make any app - super popular, no.
It just will allow your app to be discovered for your players. Will allow you to get more feedback for your game and  just increase your chances to archive a success but your game must be interesting for people anyway.

So, my questions  for now.

1. Do you want to join this group?
2. Do you like the name of the group - SOS group

If you have some comments or suggestions about this, feel free to share it with us.

ManlyMouse

I like the idea, but the enforcement of mandatory activity is always complicated. The thing is stencyl is a pretty tightly-knit community already, so while there would be members that join just to boost their games, I'm guessing most would come here to stay. In fact I'm suprised there's not more collaboration or something along the lines of "stencylers, lets make a game together," type of deal.
I know more about Stencyl now.

ChristianEs

i like people like you, but people tend to be afraid of ideas like this, anyway i  just had a tough.
(excuse my english)  what if we make instead (or also) of a group to rate each other apps, we make some sort of  "video game company" based on collaboration instead of a boss  paying people , we make games individually and get the money for our games, but we do this, on the name of "the company" and the "company" gets the recognition, so  when the company gets more and more recognition our games too, we can have some sort of quality control, so that only good games get released in the name of the company , then , we use those games and its fame to redirect to other members of the company games , and instead of making publicity for some specific game we make it for the company, and when we do it , we all win, we keep releasing  games and games under this name, and building an empire :P also we can support ourselves helping each other with opinions , beta testing our games, even with stencyl coding tips, etc....
i know this idea has probably many flaws but its just a tought

« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 09:27:42 am by ChristianEs »

Vectrex71

Also a great idea ! I love peoples with creativity !

But as you can see. most of the "others" are just lazy or afraid, they want only their own "thing". It's so sad, but so they are.  Your thread here and your idea is really great ! But as you can see you have in 2-3 Days only 3 answers from 3 peoples (It's a shame!)
IMO you should have 100 answers !! 

One of the best things you can do is .... Don't ask ! JUST DO IT !
Build a Facebook group, make the link official here in the stencyl forum and the peoples will come. But don't give them the possibility to discuss your great idea until it's death ! Peoples need a guided line! otherwise all good ideas will end in the nirvana.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 12:03:05 am by Vectrex71 »

1MrPaul1

Yeah, as i see, just 3 developers interesting in this project, so, with 3 developers the project will not be successful.

I like the idea, but the enforcement of mandatory activity is always complicated. The thing is stencyl is a pretty tightly-knit community already, so while there would be members that join just to boost their games, I'm guessing most would come here to stay. In fact I'm suprised there's not more collaboration or something along the lines of "stencylers, lets make a game together," type of deal.
I think about it many times, also, I'm learning from other the same projects.
Interesting thing. If not to control the members, the group will start to have negative effect.
Most members, trying to "sink" other members but not to help them....
This is why, download and play the game, and giving a rating not less than 3 stars is mandatory rule. - It is the only way when the group will be helpful.
Also every member must to have a guaranty that his membership in this group will be profitable for he/she.
So, most hard problem here, how to control that all members will help to each other .