[Pause menu] How to keep in memory the state of a button

jol

Hello,

Let's say I have a toggle music button in my pause menu, how can I do to keep in memory his state when the pause menu is closed ?

xTage

create a game attribute, of boolean type, and when the player toggle the sound button, change de value of this attribute.
when you want to check, just call this attribute. the save/load game keep all global attributes values.

jol

It is what I do, but the attribute is in the actor, so I think it is reset every time the pause menu close, and the actor is killed.

letmethink

Use a game attribute then.
~Letmethink

xTage

game attribute is global, i think you are using the normal attribute. global is purple.

when create a global attribute, you can use it in all behaviors/actors/scene etc.

jol

Hello,

this is my code :

However if I close my pause menu, with the music button turned off and re open it, the state button of my music is on again (the button animation, the volume stay to 0)

sdieters

I think the "stop" block is t working correctly. I woukd start by replacing the number GA by a boolean GA and instead of using 2 if statements, us an if statement and an otherwise if statement. First start with an if statement which checks if the mouse is released on self. Inside that wrapper add an if statement which checks if musicOn (the boolean GA) is true. If it is treu set it to false, mute music, and switch animation to 0. Then beneath the if statement, add an otherwise if statement. This will run if the previous statement (if musicOn in this case)returned false. Here you add the rest of the code.

Good luck!
My new profile is TheIndieStation.
When you see a recent post with this name, i'm probably using my phone. So dont mind any typo's =p

sdieters

Oh, im sure this isnt the problem (or it has never been my problem) but only change the value of yohr GA AFTER you changed the rest.
My new profile is TheIndieStation.
When you see a recent post with this name, i'm probably using my phone. So dont mind any typo's =p