Extension Block Questions

ETHproductions

Hi. I'm working on a tutorial page (actually, a few pages) on how to create engine extensions, and I have several questions about what you can do when defining the extension blocks.

• Can you have a block built inside of another, such as the <save/load successful> within the built-in saving/loading blocks? (This is now possible in 3.2+.)
  • Is it possible to get an attribute dropdown, such as with the [increment/decrement] and [has value/has no value] blocks?
  • Are the built-in blocks defined with the same XML technique as the extension blocks? (A little off-topic, but I'm curious. ;) )
If either of the first two are possible, could you please tell me? I'd love to include them in my tutorial. Thanks in advance. :)

« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 10:37:16 am by ETHproductions »
Fontstruct - Stencyl - Website (in progress)

Proud Member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

rob1221

I don't think either of the first two are possible.

captaincomic

3. No, unfortunately not. The built-in blocks are hard-coded in Java. But maybe the core palette will become XML-based in the future. It would make it easier to create new blocks and open up possibilities for customization... :)

ETHproductions

I don't think either of the first two are possible.
Bummer. I'd like to see it become possible, so I'll post about it in the suggestions section.

3. No, unfortunately not. The built-in blocks are hard-coded in Java. But maybe the core palette will become XML-based in the future. It would make it easier to create new blocks and open up possibilities for customization... :)
Great! I'd love to see that happen. :)
Fontstruct - Stencyl - Website (in progress)

Proud Member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.