HUD Console

captaincomic

Hello!
I don't know much about modifying the console. I just wrapped it up.
You can add commands with the "add command" wrapper block, as you can see in the screenshot.

Nick69

Thank you very much. Now is there any way to set the heigh and width of the console and place it in my own coordinates?
And is there any way to print text in consonle without print function? The problem is that in print you get more informations and doesn't show only text.

captaincomic

Those things I don't know how to do. Do you plan to use this for game play? I'm not sure if it's suitable for that. It is just meant as a debugging tool.

airman4

I got stencyl 3.3 and downloaded it but it doesnt work

"How to Install and Update an Extension" link only show how to with extension on the forge only if i understood well
Your extension is downloadable from the forge ?
I looked for it but didnt find out

captaincomic

Hi! You can download it from the links in the first post of this thread. The "How to Install and Update an Extension" should work for this too. Alternatively you can unzip the download manually and the extracted folder in your workspace under "engine-extensions".

airman4

Hi
it doesnt seem to work (unless i got it wrong )
I got the very last version of stencyl 3

But it doesnt show up when i open the framework
 ::)

Justin

That's toolset extension. You need to go to Settings (in the toolbar) > Extensions.

For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 8am and midnight Japan time. (GMT+9)

airman4

yeah i managed to make it work finally
thanks and sorry for the fuzz

The problem now is that i dont see create console block now

I'll reboot the framework

airman4

Hi

I managed to make extensions work (when it's on RED and show DISABLE , that means the extension is working , i understood the other way around -_-)

I got some error

I put the create console on first scene of my game and yet can't compile the game to try it

captaincomic

Hi!
Code: [Select]
2015-08-08 15:33:42,541 DEBUG [Thread-46] stencyl.sw.util.StreamGobbler: [openfl.bat]  - Running command: haxe -main ApplicationMain -cp "M:/Stencyl 3 3  7 2015/plaf/haxe/lib/openfl/openfl" -D openfl=3.2.2 -cp "M:/Stencyl 3 3  7 2015/plaf/haxe/lib/lime/lime" -D lime=2.5.2 -cp "M:/Stencyl 3 3  7 2015/plaf/haxe/lib/actuate/1,6,5" -D actuate=1.6.5 -cp "M:/Stencyl 3 3  7 2015/plaf/haxe/lib/console/1,00" -D console=0.0.0 -cp "M:/Stencyl 3 3  7 2015/plaf/haxe/lib/polygonal-ds/1,4,1" -D polygonal-ds=1.4.1 -cp "M:/Stencyl 3 3  7 2015/plaf/haxe/lib/polygonal-printf/1,0,0-beta" -D polygonal-printf=1.0.0-beta -cp "M:/Stencyl 3 3  7 2015/plaf/haxe/lib/box2d/1,11" -D box2d=0.0.0 -cp "M:/Stencyl 3 3  7 2015/plaf/haxe/lib/stencyl/1,00" -D stencyl=0.0.0 -cp Source -cp "M:\Stencyl 3 3  7 2015\plaf\haxe\extensions/gestures" -cp C:\Users\toshiba\AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\engine-extensions/hud-console -cp C:\Users\toshiba\AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\engine-extensions/dialog/src -cp C:\Users\toshiba\AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\engine-extensions/dialog -cp C:\Users\toshiba\AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\engine-extensions/customcontrols -cp C:\Users\toshiba\AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\engine-extensions/test -cp C:\Users\toshiba\AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\engine-extensions/test-native -cp C:\Users\toshiba\AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\engine-extensions/test-native -cp C:\Users\toshiba\AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\engine-extensions/label -cp C:\Users\toshiba\AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\engine-extensions/tileapi -cp C:\Users\toshiba\AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\engine-extensions/test-flash -D native-trace -D openfl-next -D tools=2.5.2 -D flash-use-stage -D no-compilation -D openfl-flash -D verbose=1 -D web --remap nme:openfl -swf-lib library.swf --no-traces -D network-sandbox -D as3_native -D swf-directblit -swf-lib mochi.swf -swf-lib newgrounds.swf -swf-lib cpmstar.swf -resource Assets/graphics/preloader-bg.png@preloader-bg -resource Assets/graphics/preloader-badge.png@preloader-badge -swf-lib Export/flash/obj/assets.swf -swf-version 11 -swf "Export/flash/bin/star and light 2 0 steam.swf" -cp Export/flash/haxe -debug
2015-08-08 15:33:49,512 INFO  [Thread-46] stencyl.sw.util.StreamGobbler: [openfl.bat] M:/Stencyl 3 3  7 2015/plaf/haxe/lib/console/1,00/com/nmefermmmtools/debug/Console.hx:660: characters 11-25 : Unmatched patterns: Document | ProcessingInstruction | DocType
2015-08-08 15:33:49,514 INFO  [Thread-46] stencyl.sw.util.StreamGobbler: [openfl.bat] M:/Stencyl 3 3  7 2015/plaf/haxe/lib/console/1,00/com/nmefermmmtools/debug/Console.hx:672: characters 10-24 : Unmatched patterns: ProcessingInstruction | DocType
I believe Justin has fixed that in build 8472.

LIBERADO

@captaincomic, how can we download the v1.3 ?

When I click in the "Download this Extension (v 1.3)" link, the v1.2 is downloaded, not the 1.3

So, the show and hide blocks don't appear.
I'm spanish, excuse me for my bad English.
I'm not a private teacher. Please, post your questions in the public forum.

captaincomic

Oh, sorry, the link was wrong. I updated it now.

LIBERADO

I'm spanish, excuse me for my bad English.
I'm not a private teacher. Please, post your questions in the public forum.

captaincomic

I had written these custom commands some time ago, if anyone is interested. They print the game attributes, names of scene behaviors, and the attributes in a scene behavior.

Code: [Select]
Console.addCommand("printGameAttributes", function(parameters:String):Void
{
var gameAttributes:Array<Dynamic> = new Array<Dynamic>();

for (item in Engine.engine.gameAttributes.keys())
{
gameAttributes.push(item);
}

gameAttributes.sort(function(a,b) return Reflect.compare(a.toLowerCase(), b.toLowerCase()));

for (item in gameAttributes)
{
trace(item + " = " + getGameAttribute(item));
}
});

Console.addCommand("sceneBehaviors", function(parameters:String):Void
{
for (item in Engine.engine.behaviors.behaviors)
{
trace(item.name);
}
});

Console.addCommand("printSceneBehavior", function(parameters:String):Void
{
var behavior:Dynamic = null;

for (item in Engine.engine.behaviors.behaviors)
{
if (parameters == item.name)
{
behavior = item;
}
}

trace(behavior);

if (behavior == null)
{
return;
}

var attributes = new Array<Dynamic>();

attributes = Lambda.array(behavior.attributes);
attributes.sort(function(a,b) return Reflect.compare(a.fullName.toLowerCase(), b.fullName.toLowerCase()));

for (item in attributes)
{
trace(item.fullName + " = " + getValue(behavior, item.fieldName));
}
});

CeroCool

Hello.
I installed the extension, but throws an error when launching the game.
add the block "when created" the first scenario, but I get the following error.