Extra Utils Extension [2.0.1]

hodragon

Version 3.3 is not downloaded.  :'(
Indie Game Developer.
(I do not speak English well.)

ETHproductions

Hey BMJ, sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I can't reproduce the issue with the "save game" block in build 9785 on Windows 7; my best guess would be that it does have something to do with Windows 10. It's extremely weird that this block wouldn't work, as it translates to the same code as the built-in block. Does the same issue occur with the built-in "save game" block?

To both of you, I've created a new and improved version of the extension for Stencyl 3.4+. Stencyl considers it a separate extension, so you'll need to manually upgrade the extension on each project (open project, go to Settings > Extensions, enable "Extra Utilities" and disable "Extra Utilities 3.2", save and close project), but it should permanently fix your problems with not being able to see the latest version.
Fontstruct - Stencyl - Website (in progress)

Proud Member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

LIBERADO

Code: [Select]
Re-added engine speed blocks.
Thank you very much, ETHproductions.
I'm spanish, excuse me for my bad English.
I'm not a private teacher. Please, post your questions in the public forum.

ETHproductions

No problem, LIBERADO :) I've also figured out the issue with the "save game with name" block, with some help from @BMJ: spaces are not allowed in the save name, along with several other chars such as %, &, #, and ~. Working on a fix now...

Proud Member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

ETHproductions

OK, I've written a little helper function to escape all of the breaking characters, so the bug should be fixed now. Please let me know if you find any more breaking save names on various targets.

hodragon

Thank you for updating, ETHproductions.
Indie Game Developer.
(I do not speak English well.)

ichimitch

Was linked here for the save block. Very Useful! Thank you.