External Data Extension [2.0.0]

ETHproductions

Sorry, but I don't know the details of working with SWFs. The extension code was ported over from a behavior on the Forge by rob1221.

Can you tell me what program you are using to create the SWF file? Perhaps I could find more information about that program and its options online.
Fontstruct - Stencyl - Website (in progress)

Proud Member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

ManicZombie

Would I be able to use this extension to populate a list from a text file? I've been trying to wrap my head around how I'd code that, but can't quite figure it. How is the [split (text) into lines] block work? Thank you.

ETHproductions

@UnrealCanine: I can hardly find any documentation about the SWF side of Adobe CS4 online, so I can't be of much more help. Perhaps you could ask a question on http://stackoverflow.com.

@ManicZombie:
The "split text into lines" block turns the text into a list, with each line break (created when you press Enter/Return in a text editor) marking the start of a new item. If you need a list of dictionary words, as described in your recent topic, you could simply put each word on a new line in the file.

Proud Member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

ETHproductions

Good news: as of release 1.5, saving/loading images should now be completely working! :)

megagewinnspiel

oh god....it actually works now :o
THIS IS SO AWESOME!!! :D

THANK YOU!!!!

LIBERADO

Thanks so much for your great work!
I'm spanish, excuse me for my bad English.
I'm not a private teacher. Please, post your questions in the public forum.

designpeg

Hi, I get a  [Flash] FileSave#savePNG(142): ERROR: File IO cannot be accessed on Flash.  error. Any ideas how i can solve this?

ETHproductions

@megagewinnspiel, LIBERADO: You're very welcome! Getting this fixed has been a great experience for me.

@designpeg: Sorry, but with Flash, it's not possible to use the save text or save image blocks:

Saves an image as a .png to the extras folder. Doesn't work on Flash.

An alternative would be to save your image as a game attribute, using the set game attribute with name: [text] to [anything] block.

yoplalala

Thanks for your great extension !
Do you think you can add the append method too for writing the text ?

staticappend (path:String, binary:Bool = true):FileOutput
Similar to sys.io.File.write, but appends to the file if it exists instead of overwriting its contents.

I think it could be great to make logs.

yoplalala

Oh and more difficult ..
Do you think you could save files as real unicode.

The thing now is when you save a word like "électrique" and open the text file  it appears as pseudo-unicode ~x00e9lectrique.

This would be awesome :)

ETHproductions

@yoplalala: The append method seems like a great idea for an addition! I'll try to add it in later this week.

I believe the Unicode problem is a problem with Stencyl, not the extension. Try using a small code block with your Unicode text enclosed in quotes. Example:

ETHproductions

@yoplalala: I've just released an update which adds in both of your suggestions. Could you please test it, and let me know if it works for you?

yoplalala

Nice ! Both works  perfectly for windows. Japanese and French tested.

yoplalala

Do I need to change something in the AndroidManifest ( Where is it ?) to make it work on the Android ?