External Data Extension [2.0.0]

ETHproductions

I don't believe so; I can't remember doing that with my Stencyl. Have you tested on Android without changing it?
Fontstruct - Stencyl - Website (in progress)

Proud Member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

yoplalala

I tried it, the background of the game appear on android but then nothing happens, drawing events don't happen nor clicking events, nor ptrinting events when I use the save and load from text blocks. When I remove them, everything works normally again

yoplalala

Humm, I have tested again special characters. Now it is able to write special characters but not able to  read them ... ( in desktop and android) I think it 's since the new version of Stencyl ? Does it still  work for you ?

Or maybe I had never tested to draw the text ... I don't remember ... How could we do to be able to read correctle the text I wonder ..

edit : to have the text in normal characters when you read it , you have to use Script.convertToPseudoUnicode()

« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 01:06:59 pm by yoplalala »

ETHproductions

@yoplalala: Thanks for the tip! I'll fix this tomorrow morning.

Proud Member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

ETHproductions

@yoplalala: Using build 8670, I don't see any difference in the output when I use that function. For example, testing with the string "abc©" in the unicode text block:

- Printing normally: "abc©"
- Drawing normally: "abc©"
- Printing with convertToPseudoUnicode(): "abc©"
- Drawing with convertToPseudoUnicode(): "abc©"

All the results are the same when loading the text from a file. May I ask which Stencyl build you're using?

yoplalala

The block unicode text worked perfectly when you type directly characters. But I couldn't do
var s:String = getText (file.txt)
and put s in unicode text block. So when I read fom a file it idn't work.

Last build I tested with I think is 8628. I remember testing it with french characters éèç  and japanese characters..
I will test it in build 8670 and I tell you.

I think pseudo unicode only works for drawing, not for printing.
Try to draw "électricité" coming from a text file, it will draw somthing different ...
I'm not on my computer right now but I'll give you an example later :)

bonechill

Music sounds corrupted when importing it through the sound block.
Play Gold Hunter on Kongregate, Newgrounds, or Stencyl Arcade

yoplalala

Just posting so that you know, it doesn't work with HTML5
External Data/FileSave.hx:41: characters 10-20 : You cannot access the sys package while targeting js (for sys.FileSystem)

edit: in fact writing files work

« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 06:25:33 am by yoplalala »

bonechill

Does anybody know why sound is messed up when using the sound block? and is there a way for the extension to recognize files that were added later on after compile

ETHproductions

@yoplalala: Thanks for the explanation. The "unicode text" block only works on raw text, i.e. the text that you type into the blank. I'll take another look later today, as well as look into the HTML5 error.

@bonechill: Your sounds may be messed up because 1) they contain metadata, such as tags, or 2) they are set to a variable bitrate, or 3) they are at a speed other than 44.1 KHz. Basically, any sound that Stencyl would reject if you tried to import it would likely be messed up when retrieving it from the extras folder. Try importing it into Stencyl and see if it works.

bonechill

@yoplalala: Thanks for the explanation. The "unicode text" block only works on raw text, i.e. the text that you type into the blank. I'll take another look later today, as well as look into the HTML5 error.

@bonechill: Your sounds may be messed up because 1) they contain metadata, such as tags, or 2) they are set to a variable bitrate, or 3) they are at a speed other than 44.1 KHz. Basically, any sound that Stencyl would reject if you tried to import it would likely be messed up when retrieving it from the extras folder. Try importing it into Stencyl and see if it works.

Alright, I'll try that and get back to you. I am trying to use this extension for DLC purposes, do you believe this is possible or what was the extension originally intended for?

bonechill

I made to sure to make everything as you said and it still didn't fix it, any other ideas?

yoplalala

It would be cool to read files from HTML5.

I just found this, maybe it could help

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27298046/how-to-load-txt-file-in-haxe-in-js-project

danielle53

Hi, Yoplala
You know that I am following you on the forum  but do You know why ?

You have always smart ideas  !

ETHproductions

@bonechill: Sorry, but I don't know what could be causing the sound issues. If you could send me the sound files, I'll take a closer look in the next couple of days.

@yoplalala: Thanks for the HTML5 link! I'm sorry that I never looked into the problem. I'll make time to investigate today.