Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

$100 Simple App Contest

Stevetheipad

So last week I saw a Reddit ad with little attention but with a big claim: to award $100 to the winner of a contest where you show off your app. Nobody else had tried and nobody had tried on the last two contest this guy had held either. Thought it was strange and likely a scam but I entered just in case. Nobody else entered and yesterday I got $100 in my Paypal. Now I want to share the info so you guys can have the opportunity and I can help the owner spread the word.

The site is http://mobapp.guru/ and there's a contest going on now where you submit a 60 second video of an app that “Helps in the fight against the spread of Ebola.“. Thought a few of you might want to try it. It's straightforward and would take very little of your time with a high chance of winning.

Good luck!

ikomnen

Cool,thanks for link.

This one was your winning:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzkSuUTUE3s&list=UU43ACiVvHtk7wNkliluYZfA
And was it made in Stencyl?

« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 10:27:09 pm by ikomnen »

Stevetheipad

Cool,thanks for link.

This one was your winning:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzkSuUTUE3s&list=UU43ACiVvHtk7wNkliluYZfA
And was it made in Stencyl?

It was completely made in Stencyl.

I suggest you enter into this - it's worth your time!

Hectate

Stevetheipad: This post is very similar to spam messages in its content and that always arouses an amount of suspicion.
Nobody else entered and yesterday I got $100 in my Paypal.

As such, we require proof that this occurred or this thread will be removed. Please post a screenshot of the transaction record from Paypal. You may PM it to me if you are concerned about posting it publicly, however I would recommend posting it here so everyone's concerns may be alleviated. You have 24 hours.

Thanks for the PM, I appreciate you being fast on this. I have no reason to believe that the screenshot is not legitimate. Congratulations and I hope that nothing ill becomes of this in the future.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 08:35:53 am by Hectate »
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

Stevetheipad

Stevetheipad: This post is very similar to spam messages in its content and that always arouses an amount of suspicion.
Nobody else entered and yesterday I got $100 in my Paypal.
As such, we require proof that this occurred or this thread will be removed. Please post a screenshot of the transaction record from Paypal. You may PM it to me if you are concerned about posting it publicly, however I would recommend posting it here so everyone's concerns may be alleviated. You have 24 hours.
No problem, I see where you're coming from. I'll go ahead and PM you my Paypal screenshot as I'd like some privacy with my money.

Stevetheipad

The owner of the website and contest let me know he has made it a little more open by allowing non-ebola related app entries so you could submit your game made by Stencyl even if it's already made. That's right - $100 for making a 60 second video of an app you've already made.

Blob

At any point did you ask or figure out what this person's incentives are? I'm not keen on visiting the website to check, and 'helping in the fight against the spread of ebola' no longer applies, not that it ever made any sense.

Stevetheipad

At any point did you ask or figure out what this person's incentives are? I'm not keen on visiting the website to check, and 'helping in the fight against the spread of ebola' no longer applies, not that it ever made any sense.
I did ask as it seemed sketchy at first. Here's his reply:
"Although I have a few degrees, I find the best education is experience.  Often, it costs less than formal education and is worth more.  Test the waters and see what works.  Sure, things don't always work out.  But, often they do.  And, often, the best part of a journey is not the destination - it is what comes along the way.
     The goal is to get enough interest such that others may want to sponsor contests by the end of November or so.  Otherwise, I may have to stop the contests due to the expense."