Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Introducing Hollow Knight

twotimingpete

I've also had a fair few hiccups with the Windows compiler, but for some reason that seems to

The compiler being slow/occasionally having errors for no reason is something I've been dealing with for a while, and at times it can try my patience a bit - so I don't think it's only your computer.

It's nothing you can't live with, but there will be times when patience plays a key role in your game dev process. :)

HelloComics

I backed your project.

The game is looking very good. I hope you achieve your goal. Good luck!

Alexin

Congrats on the Staff Pick.
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com

MadManAdam

For the making of the game trailer (awesome btw) when the camera pulls away and you can see a lot of the level was that done using Stencyl or by some other means?  Thanks.

Irock

Looks cool.

Good luck with the Kickstarter :)

ikomnen

Bombini

Very nice trailer!
Maybe you want to add a voice over explaining a bit the scope of the game.
I guess that would convince even more backer.
Good luck !!!

Alexin

A Staff Pick on Kickstarter and now off the charts on Steam Greenlight. Impressive.
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com

gianmichele

Well, the gameplay video is just gorgeous!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guiYMjOVnOo

Congrats guys and finger crossed!

wilbo

Hey guys!

We're in the middle of our Kickstarter, but we've also spent some time putting together a couple of gameplay videos!  You get to watch us play through some early sections of the game, while listening to Ari's smooth deep voice and my incoherent mumbling!

William vs the Empress Muzznik

In which I find a ruined church deep in the Forgotten Crossroads and bother a giant fly.

Ari vs the Brooding Mawlek

In which Ari travel from the town of Dirtmouth to the lair of an optional mini-boss, and dies a whole bunch of times.

So, yeah! If you have a few minutes, take a look! These videos give a really good sense of how the game plays and feels.

Natrium

I saw the gameplay videos' and they're pretty cool!
However, I was wondering: I read on twitter that you would potentially port the game on Wii U if KS is successful enough. Bu does Stencyl allows that?

'Cause I'd love to play on mine!

rob1221

I merged your two threads together to keep the discussion in one place.

Also, congratulations on a successful Greenlight and Kickstarter! :)

NobodyX

Oh hey, you made your kickstarter goal, congrats!!!!! :D
“If you wind up with a boring, miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on TV telling you how to do your shit, then YOU DESERVE IT.”
― Frank Zappa

twotimingpete

wilbo's blowin up!!!

wilbo

Thanks everyone! Feels good to cross the line, feels like we've been campaigning for months ha ha. We've hit our first stretch goal too, now we have to see if we can hit a few more!

Here are some celebration GIFs!