How to make the game REALLY full screen? -ANDROID

letmethink

Did you not change the core GameActivity.java file then? Surely that would change the game's MainActivity.java file.
~Letmethink

letmethink

So is the game's MainActivity file changed and it doesn't affect the game, or is nothing changed with regards to the game? Sorry for being a bit slow here.
~Letmethink

mvmsaikrishna

Yep and the root GameActivity.java file... it's here!

letmethink

Wait... so it works?
~Letmethink

mvmsaikrishna

After looking at the logs, it seems that stencyl compiles the game with android-16 . (but the target version is set to Kitkat in game's settings)

letmethink

Have you installed SDK 19 in the packages manager for android (I believe I have and mine installs with 19 so that maybe the case here.
~Letmethink

mvmsaikrishna

It wasn't installed earlier. I manually copied the 19 sdk into sdk folder of stencyl. (as i told you in earlier post).

letmethink

Oh okay. I always seem to be not quite awake when reading your posts so I miss things. Sorry
~Letmethink

mvmsaikrishna

its okay cool :)
im downloading stencyl 3.2 version now. Will try to download sdk via new version and try out!

mvmsaikrishna

Sorry for the late update. FInally I got it working day before yesterday. I had to manually edit the build.xml in template folder to force stencyl to compile with android-19 tools.

But the immersive mode caused more harm than  help. When the player reaches the right edge of the screen & the end of the scene (the place where nav buttons will be shown), a black strip is shown. So, had to remove it.

letmethink

Interesting you managed to get it to work but unlucky it didn't quite. Maybe there is a way you can get Stencyl to recognise that the size of the screen has been updated as the bar has been removed.
~Letmethink

letmethink

Maybe in future releases.
~Letmethink