Owen's Odyssey, now on Android and iOS!

ghwhX

Very cool game and nice arts man, I'm just wondering what screen size you use for this game?

Congrats and hope you achieve great success.

suitcasenuke

Thanks! I appreciate it.

My scene size is for the levels is at least 568px  x  320px (for the stage clear screens, the stages themselves are obviously larger and of varying size), while the game size via the settings is 480px  x  320px. All the hud elements move around dynamically based on device for both Android and iOS.

I got bummed with how many scores I was seeing registered daily (pirated copies) and my sales not reflected that, so I made the game free on iOS for a couple days. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy anyone would take the time to play, pirated or not, but not getting any App Store ratings or official downloads is no good. Almost 8000 people downloaded the game yesterday via iTunes! I'm getting more ratings finally as well.

colburt187

Hey man, great game!

really like the art style and game play, the music is a tad repetitive but still pleasant enough. Had a few crashes on my iPad mini, but i closed any other open apps i had and now its running fine.

8000 downloads in one day! thats huge, you should go free with adverts instead of paid in my opinion. You could make good money from this download numbers.

And any people who don't like adverts can pay to remove them. that way you get income from the dirty pirates and the good people who would pay for the app.

suitcasenuke

I really should... how would I do that though with people who've already bought it? Wouldn't an update overwrite their version, meaning they'd have to pay again to remove them? Pardon my ignorance. Not all that familiar with implementing IAPS. :)

suitcasenuke

13.5k downloads over the free period!

colburt187

Wow that's crazy downloads! Sorry but I'm not sure how it would work converting to free with adverts,  not sure how you would stop the adverts showing for the people who have already bought the game. One option would be to release another version of the game that is free with ads and put the price back on the current version.

letmethink

Do you have any sort of version control on your game? Perhaps Stencyl could store something like the first installed version that could be referenced later (game attribute that isn't saved perhaps).
~Letmethink

suitcasenuke

Both good idears! Gonna look into it later today. Thanks!

Maruda

I know this is reply to an  old post but I just saw your game and have a quick 2 questions:

1. Was Owen's Odyssey created in Stencyl ?

2. If so, how did you managed to follow Owen on the scene without camera being very choppy ? It looks so smooth.

Thanks in advance suitcasenuke if you get a chance to reply!

andresmiller

Thanks for remind. It's a nice game.

Khalan

Hello , this is Khalan from DynamiteApps.com. I saw your new game Owen's Odyssey and my team thinks it would be a great game to feature on our website. We would also like to do a YouTube game-play video on your game and add it to our channel. We are a new company looking to help promote mobile games for FREE. If you are interested check us out at http://dynamiteapps.com. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks. Hope to see you there!

Khalan

Co-Founder
DynamiteApps.com
contact@dynamiteapps.com