Requesting: Google Analytics Extension

vikingpotato

This extension: http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,15835.0.html
is out of order for a long time. Publishers are not accepting games any more (at least the ones i have come across) without Alalytics plugged in.

If someone can please update / fix / recreate this extension, that would be really great.

rob1221

I know this is important for you but you need to stop reposting the same thing over and over.  I think the only devs with the experience to help you are the two who worked on the Google Play Games extension.  Abliblablobla hasn't posted for 2 months so he might not respond, and Mike (Legendary Hoamaru) is currently busy with Android purchases and other Stencyl fixes.  Maybe you can pursuade him to include analytics for 3.3.

vikingpotato

Hey Rob, thanks for the warning; Its kinda see this as a first official forum topic though.
I will try to get in touch with Mike. Even without the publisher pressure, i can't emphasize the importance of analytics in the serious Mobile game space.. Its quite surprising as to why there is so little noise for the inclusion of Analytics..

rob1221

Analytics is more on the marketing side of things which doesn't get much discussion here, and it's not easy to know what data needs to be collected in the first place.

letmethink

I'm not a guru, but I believe this could be easier to implement than you think as there seems to be a way to use POST requests to use analytics. I believe this is quite possible in Stencyl, so if you want to look inot it I might start there.
~Letmethink