Mr Tart 1.2 available on iOS and Mac. Version 1.1 for Android!

Innes

The update plays fine on my iPhone 4S.
Visit www.TheStencylBook.com - the only published book for learning Stencyl.

Max Finch

Oh good! Glad to hear.

Max Finch

This evening I was notified by Stencyl user Photon that another Stencyl user had "Cracked" my game and posted it on his site. While I have not reviewed the offending file myself I just want to make it clear to other stencyl users that your hard work IS protected under copyright law. There are no forms to fill out, it's all automatic as long as it doesn't infringe or plagiarize anothers copyrighted work (I did my research, but I'm to lazy to pull up proof). If you find illegally modified software of yours floating around you have every right to take action.

It saddens me to see a fellow Stencyl user illegally modified and hosted "Mr Tart" without my expressed permission. I'm all for trying new things, playing with current or future software/hardware, and to be honest I've hacked a game or two myself and only for myself. But the act of uploading and hosting modified software I condemn.

It's acts like these that make me question the possibility of game/software development and whether or not I should continue. I love making games as much as I love photography, traveling, music, and Shakira, and wow do I like Shakira ;). But the fact of the matter is hundreds of hours and lots of hard earned money went into the production of this game. The sheer passion for this game alone is worth a lot; and for it to be illegally modified and hosted for another users gain saddens me.

I want to give many thanks to the Stencyl team, specifically Photon and Hectate for taking fast action and notifying me of this. You guys rock :)

Max Finch

Working on some new icons for version 1.2 of Mr Tart.

Thoughts?

Original Icon 2

Icon 3 Icon 4

Icon 5 Icon 6

Icon 7

« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 01:41:29 pm by Max Glockling »

Photon

I like 1 and 4. The simple, contrasting color scheme seems pleasing to me.
Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!

Max Finch

Thanks for your input :)

Heres another version, I like this one a lot. Do you think I should stick with the purple tart or should I do pink?

letmethink

~Letmethink

Joraanpe

Thanks for your input :)

Heres another version, I like this one a lot. Do you think I should stick with the purple tart or should I do pink?

I liked the icon 6 and the new one you added, those two are well balanced on colours and space on screen :P

Photon

If not blue, then I would say stick with purple.
Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!

rrzl

I'm not a fan of dark-on-dark (purple) , or light-on-light (pink) , a lot of details are lost.
The purple, the mouth part and the eyes (black color) kinda blend in.
Same with the Pink one, the edge of the character (light brown).

I'd go for blue. Every detail can be seen clearly.
The last one, looks more balance, looks better as an icon compared to the previous (2-7) too much empty space.

GeorgeN

I would do a red-ish background. The background for the icon is not necesary to be from the game background :)

Unept

I like the icons with the spike. I like the purple, seems more tart-ish. :)  If anything, make the purple a teensy bit lighter. Blue is fine too.
Unicycle Hero: iOS  |  Level With Me: iOS/Android  |  Hue Ball: iOS/Android  |  Lava Bird: iOS/Android   |   Disposabot   |   Twitter

Max Finch

Always be a gentleman and protect the ladies from raging green zombie poptarts...