Mr Tart 1.2 available on iOS and Mac. Version 1.1 for Android!

rob1221

Stencyl doesn't support deleting 1x graphics and doing so will break your game.

Max Finch

Working on my first full fledged update to my game Mr Tart. Featuring Blueberry and Flappy tart :P

Also plan to make this available on older devices such as iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4.

Stevetheipad

How are sales so far?

Max Finch

Eh. I believe my game has done alright, it's much better than Five Colors was at the beginning. However, not great. I believe it has a lot to do with the tags that I used. The tags for Mr Tart almost all have over 2,000 results which isn't going to get my game seen at all. Android is doing about the same. Which is much better than Five Colors, actually it's SEO goes up at minimum 15% per day and maximum 345% per day. So I get an okay amount of downloads.

I'm working on an update that reduces the minimum iOS version to 5.1.1 or 6.0, this will give access to iPod 4th gen owners and alike which will open my market much much more to the kids who have one. (There's a lot)

Also, I'm changing the tags to popular tags that have fewer than 500 results. Some have as little as 50! Which I hope to see increase. This should be interesting to see.

The update is also coming along nicely. I've figured out how to detect if device is upside down which is going to be part of a new achievement that unlocks a blueberry poptart. Jumping >=100 will unlock Flappy Tart.

Once the update goes live next year I'll update if I see any changes :)

henson802

Let us know about the tag changing ( you're referring to the Search Keywords ? )...

That's one aspect I'm a little confused.. I just use tags that described my game best, or genre..  'platformer'  'arcade'  'simple' stuff like that which I'm sure has a gazillion results..

Good luck

Max Finch

"Platformer" and "Arcade has a few thousand results and the chances of a user coming across your game out of the thousands is slim.

For my game I choose tags like "Poptarts", there's only one game on the app store with that tag. Of course, that tag wont come into affect until after I update my game.

Unept

Hey Max, great game. Solid, simple, and fun. Very well done. *tips hat*
Unicycle Hero: iOS  |  Level With Me: iOS/Android  |  Hue Ball: iOS/Android  |  Lava Bird: iOS/Android   |   Disposabot   |   Twitter

thechaosengine

As the RULING IOS LEADERBOARD PERSON I would like to say I approve of this game. It owns!

Max Finch

Haha XD Can you beat the 172 score someone set on Android though :O

Max Finch

(Android update released, Apple update still pending, it's been 14 days...)

Mr Tart has been updated to Version 1.1! New features and enhancements include:

Performance has been increased! This means not only will it run better on older devices but it should also run well enough to work on old devices such as an iPod Touch 4th gen. On a side note, if someone with an iPhone 4 and/or an iPod Touch 4th gen could test this game out for me that would be great! I never actually got to test as I don’t have a device. I just went with data supplied to me from an iPhone 4s and Xcode instruments. Ultimately everything should run smoothly minus some transitions.

Size has been reduced for the update. I removed some un-needed animations and optimized some un-optimized images. The result was a 3mb reduction in the atlases compared to what it was with the addition to all assets for this update. For example, with all images and sound fx as is PLUS the additional images and SFX for this new update the total size of Mr Tart was a silly 21 MB. After the reduction Mr Tart is now around ~19 MB.

Some bugs were fixed: For some reason iAd’s are considered part of the scene. So when a user pressed on an iAd in the main menu scene the game would start instead of the ad opening. Obviously this is a problem. This was fixed by removing the ad on the main menu and changing the iAd/Admob/Chartboost ad system to better suit me and the game. Additionally when a user was changing tarts (characters) from the main menu and the pressed the screen to start the game before the changing transition was over the game would start prematurely making things a bit awkward. Finally there was a bug were sometimes jumping didn’t quite work as expected on Android, this should be fixed as well.

Two new achievements for both iOS and Android!  This goes in unison with the next paragraph. Both achievements rely on something other than getting the next 10 points above the last 10 points (10, 20, 30, 40, and 50 points unlocks an achievement and a character.)

Two new tarts! Flappy Tart and Blueberry Tart are now available in-game. To unlock Blueberry Tart play the game by turning your device upside down and reaching a score of 15 or more. To unlock Flappy Tart jump a total of 1000 times since you started playing after this update.
And lastly I messed with the character select. Now you can see what it takes to unlock each character, as before if a user downloaded the game all they would see is Mr Tart and not any of the other tarts either leaving the player unknown of what it takes to unlock the next tart or leaving the impression that only one character exists in game which leaves a negative impression.

With this update comes some challenges on my end, please let me know if you run into any problems, specifically on any Android device or any of the older iOS devices. (iPhone 4, iPhone 3gs, iPod Touch 4th gen, Older iPads, etc.)

Thanks to everyone that’s played Mr Tart! Feel free to leave feedback here or on the rating page in the App Store! Either way it’s a big help!
(This will be updated when Apple reviews the Update.)

gctrek2

I will be releasing a game soon. So how do you make your iPhone games compatible with older models? Also pretty interesting game are you making decent revenue?

tapdroid

Works on my HTC m8 but not galaxy.

been seeing this all too offten. wish I knew why.

Max Finch

What's not working and what Galaxy do you have?

Max Finch

Mr Tart has been updated on iOS!

Unept

Updated it. Played it. 5-Star Reviewed it. Works great. Also, I sure suck. I'll practice tonight.
Unicycle Hero: iOS  |  Level With Me: iOS/Android  |  Hue Ball: iOS/Android  |  Lava Bird: iOS/Android   |   Disposabot   |   Twitter