On-line ScoreBoard [Not maintained .. new extension available ]

Joraanpe

Hello JoraanPe,

The TextField behavior worked for 3.1 and 3.2.
Now 3.3 has again changes in the API.

I've created a TextField3_3 behavior that seems to work on 3.3.
The only thing I tested was Flash and Android, so I hope that native and iOS work too but I can't confirm.

Best regards from
M.E.

Thank bro, you are the best!
Just tested it on iOS and Android, both are working perfectly!

Joraanpe

Hello JoraanPe,

With the 3.2 and 3.3 release I can verify that the construction you use fails !!!

It has to do with the nesting. Previously I didn't retrieve the position inside another block but it was a seperate action on an actor.

Again, I need to redesign the extension and that will not be happening anytime soon.

Best regards from
M.E.

Heya M.E. , long time no hear from you around here.... i hope your rl things are going great!
Just passed by and wanted to ask you to remember about this part, if you could, please add an space on your free time for this! Would be awesome if you could add that feature to show your position on the global highscore for 3.3+

Best wishes for you mate, hope you are doing great with everything!
Jose

mdotedot

Hello Joraanpe,

Still busy redesigning the extension(s).  The greatest problem is that when redesigning the front-end of the extension the back-end (server) needs to be adjusted as well. I have first tried the new design on another extension and that seems to be working, but it does not imply that the design works for Scoreboard as well.
I have to realy stick to my project-plan in order to focus and not get derailed too much. I'm a person that gets destracted way too much.  >:(  :P

Currently I am on 60 percent of my project-plan. I did release a private build to SadiQ, but since then I made three changes already to the extension so it is not stable.
Those 60 percent took about 3 months but I do hope to have more time the coming month. ( *No Promises* )

Sorry to say that you need to wait a little longer. It would help you if you aim to host your own server so that you could have private build before public release, but that is up to your own schedule/project.

Best regards from
M.E.
Hanging out in the Chat:  http://www.stencyl.com/chat/

Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers! Doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

Joraanpe

Hello Joraanpe,

Still busy redesigning the extension(s).  The greatest problem is that when redesigning the front-end of the extension the back-end (server) needs to be adjusted as well. I have first tried the new design on another extension and that seems to be working, but it does not imply that the design works for Scoreboard as well.
I have to realy stick to my project-plan in order to focus and not get derailed too much. I'm a person that gets destracted way too much.  >:(  :P

Currently I am on 60 percent of my project-plan. I did release a private build to SadiQ, but since then I made three changes already to the extension so it is not stable.
Those 60 percent took about 3 months but I do hope to have more time the coming month. ( *No Promises* )

Sorry to say that you need to wait a little longer. It would help you if you aim to host your own server so that you could have private build before public release, but that is up to your own schedule/project.

Best regards from
M.E.

woahhh this makes me feel even more curious about what you are going to bring around!!!!
And yes, i currently have rented a private host which i use to place up the highscore of my app, would it be somehow useful for the secret-extension-preview? hahaha

If so, let me know! we could get in touch by Skype or whatsapp.

Take care and best wishes for you mate!

mdotedot

Hi Joraanpe,

In your private message box should be information on how to install the extensions/php on your system.

I made a small example that failed with the last extension (nesting IDs) and appears to work now.

Have Fun!

Best regards from
M.E.

Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers! Doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

TehT

I've been looking for something like this for a while, great work man!
Unfortunately I seem to be having some trouble getting the zip file to register in Stencyl 3.3
I tried changing the URL in the .hx file and repackaged it, but it still does not work.
Any tips?

mdotedot

Hello TehT,

For 3.3 follow these instructions:

- Unzip the .zip file.
- Put the files in this directory : %APPDATA%\stencyl\stencylworks\engine-extensions\ScoreBoard   (for Windows)
- Modify the ScoreBoard.hx file and change the import nme.* into openfl.* lines:
Code: [Select]
// For 3.3 uncommment these lines..
//import openfl.net.URLLoader;
//import openfl.net.URLLoaderDataFormat;
//import openfl.net.URLRequest;
//import openfl.events.Event;
//import openfl.events.IOErrorEvent;
And comment the lines starting with import nme.*

Hope this helps.

Best regards from
M.E.

TehT

That did it!
Seems the reason the Stencyl import doesn't work is because there's no folder in the Zip, so it just dumped all the files straight into the engine-extensions folder.
Time to get crackin' on this online scoreboard then! Cheers!

NeoCHI

What's the difference between this extension and Nuggeta (http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,31168.0.html)?

mdotedot

Hello NeoCHI,

Nuggeta is no longer supported since they changed a lot of the API code and they also are not going to provide free servers anymore. The reason we worked on this was because it was a public hosted server and that they had a HaXe API.
There will be other multiplayer extensions in the future that will handle most of the Nuggeta stuff.

The ScoreBoard extension is one of the extensions that will be available with instructions on how to run it yourself or using a free hosting service.

Best regards from
M.E.

Donni11

Hi mdotedot :) ! Whenever I type in my email and it sends me the email I just get a blank email I've tried several times I get it from the right address but all I receive is a blank email .

Edit : Sorry I found out there was a bug in my email service , I'll just try using a different email service ....

« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 05:41:15 am by Donni11 »
Peace

Tharaa

cant install the extension in stencyl
just nothing happens

mdotedot

Tharaa,
This extension is not maintained anymore.
Also all my extensions are made pre-3.3 so be aware of adjusting code in the first place.
Try the manual Extension Installation like this:
- Unzip the .zip file.
- Put the files in this directory : %APPDATA%\stencyl\stencylworks\engine-extensions\<Extension>   (for Windows)
                                                                   $HOME/stencylworks/engine-extensions/<Extension>
- Modify the *.hx file and change the import nme.* into openfl.* lines when you are on > 3.2

Hope this helps.

Best regards from
M.E.