Can someone view this VERY EASY palette blocks / code ?

Donni11

Hi everybody ,
I was making a game and when I use this block of code /  palette blocks I get a null error , can some please tell me what I am doing wrong ?
Peace

letmethink

Otherwise if false will never happen. Replace that with just otherwise.
~Letmethink

Donni11

Ok , I am now testing....
Peace

Donni11

Now I get this :
TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
   at MethodInfo-3929()[Source/scripts/SceneEvents_2.hx:84]
   at com.stencyl.behavior::TimedTask/update()[C:\Program Files\Stencyl\plaf\haxe\lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/behavior/TimedTask.hx:48]
   at com.stencyl::Engine/update()[C:\Program Files\Stencyl\plaf\haxe\lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/Engine.hx:2401]
   at com.stencyl::Engine/postUpdate()[C:\Program Files\Stencyl\plaf\haxe\lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/Engine.hx:2732]
   at com.stencyl::Engine/onUpdate()[C:\Program Files\Stencyl\plaf\haxe\lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/Engine.hx:2725]
Peace

letmethink

Is that the only scene event? You must create an actor to reference a last created actor.
~Letmethink

ETHproductions

'Last Created Actor' will cause an error if no actors have been created at runtime, or if the last created actor has been killed. Using 'if ([Last Created Actor as text] not = null)' should solve your problem. :)
Fontstruct - Stencyl - Website (in progress)

Proud Member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

Donni11

You must create an actor to reference a last created actor.
Huh ?  What do you mean ?  I have 5 scenes and 10 actors .
Peace

letmethink

Yes. But none of them are created on runtime. What are you trying to reference with 'last created actor'?
~Letmethink

Donni11

'Last Created Actor' will cause an error if no actors have been created at runtime, or if the last created actor has been killed. Using 'if ([Last Created Actor as text] not = null)' should solve your problem. :)
There is a block like that ?  Can you show me a picture ?
Peace

Donni11

Yes. But none of them are created on runtime. What are you trying to reference with 'last created actor'?
Um .. the last created actor in the scene .....  I don't really get what your asking .
Peace

ETHproductions

What letmethink means is that you must create an actor in an event (such as When Created) in order for Last Created Actor to work properly. Is the actor you want created this way?

My code is a combination of blocks:

Proud Member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

letmethink

Which actor are you creating last? What is the context?

Here is the code ETHproductions mentioned before:

ninja'd
~Letmethink

ETHproductions

In the block pane, you can find this block under Scene > Actors > Get Actor. You can also use the search bar at the top of the pane to search for blocks.

Donni11

Oh wait I found it , so I want to make it that if the actor IS alive it goes to a certain scene , this is my code so far  , any ideas ?
Peace

ETHproductions

The code you have should do exactly what you want it to. Is it still not working?