Deleting Background breaks everything

darrigaz

Hiya

I added a placeholder background to some scenes so that I could draw over the top of it to match the tile layout to one I'd worked out previously in photoshop. After I was done I deleted the background but didn't remove the background layer from each scene.

Now I can't open any of the scenes that had that background in, I also can't delete those scenes and can't open the settings panel.

Every time I try to I get the error below.

It's obvious what's caused this but is there any kind of work around to be able to get into those scenes or get rid of them entirely?

Unexpected problem on thread AWT-EventQueue-0: stencyl.core.engine.actor.IActorType cannot be cast to stencyl.core.lib.background.Background
java.lang.ClassCastException: stencyl.core.engine.actor.IActorType cannot be cast to stencyl.core.lib.background.Background

Justin

For now, If you open the xml files for those scenes, you can see a list of layers. Remove the background layer that's causing the problem.
For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 10am and 10pm Japan time. (GMT+9)

darrigaz

Thanks! That worked. It's all playing ball again now. Do you have a mantis database that this kind of thing could be logged in?

Justin

Mantis database?

edit: Oh, never mind. I realized you were talking about this, not this. No, the forum is all we have. If you're interested in seeing this particular issue resolved, you can use the notify button on this thread to receive emails when new posts are made.

darrigaz

Yeh that's what I meant. Seems like it might be helpful if us customers could provide you with a bit of QA by logging known issues like this with decent repro steps so that they can go on a list to get fixed one day.

Justin

Oh don't worry. I've added this to my list. :)

Justin

This is fixed now. It seems that it happened not only because the background was removed, but an actor type was created and assigned the same ID as the background used to have.