How do I fix this? - Android BUILD FAILED - No idea why [logs attached]

Derelikt

Hi,

I just renewed my license, so I've been without Android export for months. During that time, I installed FlashDevelop and wanted to learn Haxe, it caused issues with Stencyl so I uninstalled it.
Since yesterday I've been trying to publish to Android but every single time the build fails (flash and windows exports work fine though). I have tried the following:

- uninstalled then installed Stencyl
- uninstalled then installed Haxe
- uninstalled then installed JDK
- installed both Stencyl & JDK to a directory without spaces

I have no idea what to try next. Logs of the last attempt attached. Thanks in advance.

letmethink

Are you using any extensions? I believe you have two libraries trying to use the same package name:

Code: [Select]
2014-12-29 13:33:23,624 INFO  [Thread-7] stencyl.sw.util.StreamGobbler:     [dx] UNEXPECTED TOP-LEVEL EXCEPTION:
2014-12-29 13:33:23,624 INFO  [Thread-7] stencyl.sw.util.StreamGobbler:     [dx] com.android.dex.DexException: Multiple dex files define Lcom/yourname/gamename/BuildConfig;

Googling the error leads to lots of people having to change the android manifest because of the overlap.

EDIT: I found an occurance much more locally so this may help: http://community.stencyl.com/index.php?topic=35684.0

« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 05:15:10 am by letmethink »
~Letmethink

Derelikt

Wow, it worked! I saved the game as a different name, changed the AppID (added a 2), and voila!
Thanks letmethink, but I have one last question. Does this mean I can't save the game as the original name? And do you know how I can prevent it from happening again?

letmethink

Wow, it worked! I saved the game as a different name, changed the AppID (added a 2), and voila!
Thanks letmethink, but I have one last question. Does this mean I can't save the game as the original name? And do you know how I can prevent it from happening again?
I'm not entirely sure on why this is happening tbf. Therefore I'm afraid I can't answer your questions. Someone else may be able to though.
~Letmethink