Print To Console - Not Working 3.2

Isaac Brown

Hi There Community!

I have just updated to 3.2 and am having difficulties writing debug messages to the console.
Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

I am using the print(anything) block:
print(helloWorld) - helloWorld does not appear in the new Log Viewer.

I have the green show debug events toggle active.

Thanks for you help.

letmethink

Printing to console does not work if you are testing on browser, for everything else it should work.
~Letmethink

Isaac Brown

Thanks letmethink.
I am testing on the ios simulator and the code is not getting printed to the log viewer..

A17Massey

I am having the same issue. I'm testing in Flash (Player) and getting nothing. It's making it very difficult to debug...

Vandhall

I had the same problem, but I've found solution: run game in debug mode: Menu => Debug > Game => Run App in Debug Mode. That way you will see prints in Log Viewer :)

Bocharick

it doesn't work in flash, and has no debug mode for flash in "menu => debug ....". It worked before, but not now (( how to fix it?
My games:

captaincomic

Please post your logs (Debug -> Logs -> Generate Logs).

A reason for not working in Flash could be not using the debug Flash player (that's typically the case when you test in the browser, unless you installed the debug player plugin).

Bocharick

I just restart stencyl, and press test game (i always use player for testing game, not browser)
My games:

captaincomic

Does this file exist on your system? And does it contain print statements from Flash?
C:\Users\Bocharick\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\Logs\flashlog.txt

Bocharick

yeap. this file exist. was made 1 july 2014. last change when last build was.
So! From your prevous message i read "debug player" and then google it )
https://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html - here i found debugger version for my system (w8.1 x64), download and install that. after system reboot print works :)
Thank you captain :)
It was not obvious cause before i not installed debugger version and "print" worked. Maybe it is neccessary to recommend to install that version with stencyl?

« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 03:11:40 am by Bocharick »
My games:

captaincomic

Hm, the flash player shipped with Stencyl is also a debug version. Maybe Windows 8 is different in some way, because on the download page there are separate downloads for Win 8. If that's the case we should probably bundle these too and use them if we detect Win 8.