[closed] Stencyl Master Dojo - Personal Tutor

irock

CLOSED

Stencyl Master Dojo
B e c o m e   G o o d   a t   S t e n c y l

Hello, I'm Cory Martin. I've been developing games for ten years, have been a member of the Stencyl community for eight years and have actively used Stencyl since the private beta in 2009. My games have been played hundreds of thousands of times, have been featured on the front pages of Flash portals and have won or highly placed in numerous Stencyl competitions and won many monetary prizes. My games have also garnered the attention of websites such as indiegames.com, freeindiegam.es, jayisgames.com, earthboundcentral.com and have been played by Youtube personality, Markiplier, who has over five million subscribers.

I am offering to personally teach you what you need to know to become good at Stencyl and game development in general via personal, one-on-one Skype audio/screenshare calls.

What Can You Teach Me?

The only limits are your aspirations and my abilities. We will work at your own pace and cover what you want to cover.

Generally, I will be able to teach you everything about Stencyl except Code Mode (but I can still teach you how to program in Design Mode). We can go as broad or as specific as you want. Want to know how to effectively make your own behaviors in Design Mode? Need to know the Stencyl basics? Have a problem you're stuck on? Anything else? Let's talk!

Don't know if I can help you with something? Ask beforehand!

In addition to learning Stencyl, I can also help you with or teach you:

• Game Design - I can play and critique your games, offer detailed real-time or text-based advice, help you improve as a game designer and answer your game design questions.
  • Graphics - I can help you get started making pixel art or help you along your journey to becoming a Master Pixel Artist.
  • Music - Want to make your own music? I can teach you what I know in Logic Pro / Garageband and give you a good foundation to start off of.

How Much Do You Charge?

$10 USD per hour.

Remember, you control the pace we go at and what we focus on during my time with you. For the hours you have me, I'm your personal Stencyl Game Development Assistant.

You can pay me through Paypal after the session is over or before we start.

What Do I Need?

• Skype for audio calling and screensharing. Skype is a very popular communication application and is completely free.
  • A microphone to talk (unless you want to type).
  • Speakers or headphones to hear me (unless you want me to type).
  • Stencyl (unless you just want pixel art or music advice).
  • Paypal for paying for this service.

Let's Do It!

Send me a personal message on these forums or reply to this thread letting me know what you'd like to learn about and when you'd like your session to be. Be sure to include your Skype username. We'll add each other and start the session whenever works best for you.

"Honestly a great tutor, fun and easy to work with.
If I had ten thumbs I'd give him ten thumbs up.
Highly recommended by me."
— LilDreamer

« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 11:45:54 pm by Irock »

Stevetheipad

Does include your usual cynical personality? :)

irock

seriously.
Yes.

Does include your usual cynical personality? :)
My personality for these tutorials will be friendly, understanding and to the point.

GameDev408

I was about to offer the exact same services with keynote presentations, agendas, assignments, etc... But realized I'll have you as my competitor. So I'll have to opt out for now, good luck, sir!

irock

I was about to offer the exact same services with keynote presentations, agendas, assignments, etc... But realized I'll have you as my competitor. So I'll have to opt out for now, good luck, sir!
Haha. Thanks.

LilDreamer

I just had two paid hours of stencyl tutoring and help.
It would be better if you had an idea of what you want help with ahead of time or an idea of your goal and a realistic measure
of what can be achieved in that timeframe.
This will save you time and help you get the help you are looking for.

Honestly a great tutor, fun and easy to work with.
If I had ten thumbs I'd give him ten thumbs up.
Highly recommended by me.

Strange Stuff

Hey guy,

I sent some messages; don't know if you got them or not.

Since they don't appear in the sent folder.