Player vibrating after upgrading to 3.2

MichaelPel

http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/29346
If you move around for a while, you can see that the player vibrates horisontally when moving. I'm using default movement behavior for the player. Thank you in advance! C:

« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 03:49:12 am by MichaelPel »

sdieters

There is something about your game I really like haha.
what material is the player and tile collision set to?
My new profile is TheIndieStation.
When you see a recent post with this name, i'm probably using my phone. So dont mind any typo's =p

MichaelPel

The player's ice.

Edit: And thank you C:

Edit 2: Oh yeah! The player's collision group is set to player.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 08:25:08 am by MichaelPel »

MichaelPel

Well, it's been more than two days. Going to bump it :l
This bug / problem, whatever it is, makes the game feel weird, and breaks it to some degree.. :c

darrigaz

Is this literally just using the default player movement behaviour?

Seems like he only vibrates when he jumps which makes me think maybe you're setting his X and Y directly to move left and right and also setting it to move up and down.

If that' s the case try pushing the actor with forces rather than directly controlling his X and Y position.

MichaelPel

I'm using the default movement for the player. That includes the jump. It worked quite well, but then it just started doing what it's doing right now. I'm completely clueless on why.

MichaelPel

One last bump
I really hope somebody can help me

ohlin

Perhaps you should code your own movement behavior and see if the problem persists.

MichaelPel

I just noticed that disabling the camera behavior (default camera tracking) made the vibration stop. But now the camera won't follow the player. What could this be?

MichaelPel

So I redid the whole movement behavior from scratch this time. I think the vibrating has something to do with upgrading versions. That's when it started, but I didn't seem to think of it even tho it is quite obvious

sdieters

Here it is =)

Can you upload a screenshot of all the behaviors on your actor? (the code of each behavior, and a screenshot of all the behaviors attached to your actor)
I know you are using the default behaviors, however these do happen to not work properly if not used correctly.
When you see a recent post with this name, i'm probably using my phone. So dont mind any typo's =p

MichaelPel

I have not altered the ones that come with the platformer. Everything is the same, except for the graphics, of course

sdieters

Does your camera movement behavior look like this? >> http://gyazo.com/7a2bbf7ddc53641c2ab31906fb29afb2

MichaelPel

Yeah. As far as I know, this is the default behavior that comes out-of-the-box with Stencyl

sdieters

That is your issue.
Im not home anymkre but when im back i will create a quick smooth follow behavior for you.