Have you used Pencyl?

Jon

I'm keeping it where it is, but I'd like to know anecdotally whether it's being used.

If you don't know what Pencyl is, that in itself is a valid answer/question.

irock

I haven't. I prefer Photoshop.

Epic428

Same here, I prefer Photoshop. I have looked at it though.
James Moore - Official Support & Documentation.
We cannot and will not respond to PM's asking questions. Please make a new thread in the forums if you have any questions, Thank you.
For better support and faster response times, please post your logs regarding any Stencyl related issues. Debug > Logs > Generate Logs

Justin

I have used it, but I usually have the default image editor set to MS Paint, unless I need to deal with transparency.
For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 10am and 10pm Japan time. (GMT+9)

Blob

The only time I've used it was when I uploaded a couple of .gifs and wanted to give them transparency, as Stencyl doesn't give you a transparency option when uploading them.

It's a nice addition for quick edits, but it doesn't compare to the efficiency I have with the programs I'm familiar with. I'd imagine users who aren't savvy with their own image editor would get the most out of it.

~ Blob

« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 11:59:55 pm by Blob »

Greg

I've used it for quick fixes a few times (moving an Actor image over by a pixel, etc...)

RandomJibberish

Although I do most of my pixelling in photoshop, I use Pencyl when I notice something wrong with the sprite after I've added it to the game and just need to make a quick fix.

Luyren

Same here. Use it for quick fixes.
My Stencyl resources are available here: https://luyren.itch.io/
Cutscenes, RPG Elements, Particles, Map System and many more.
Twitter

Ethan

I use it for quick fixes- it's really really helpful for that. Being able to just save it into Stencyl is a lifesaver.

brantsmith

I have used Pencyl occasionally when I want to change something and dont want to take the time to pull up my other editor. So if you are thinking of taking it off, please dont.
Coding is Awesome.
Stencyl is Better.

Hectate

Same here, quick fixes. In Little 4 Eyes I actually did a bit more than just "quick fixes" by redoing my tileset that I threw together quickly to include some brick-like tiles. It really helped not having to reload a tileset for something as simple as black and white 8x8 tiles - but that's about all I'd see using it for - too familiar with GIMP.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

NobodyX

Masked

I've used it to tweak things.