[SOLVED] No BitmapData asset with an ID ....1.5x.png

Derelikt

Hi,

I wanted to use the style used in the "sample game", so I copied the "dialog" & "data structures" folders from the sample's "extras" folder into the "extras" folder of an existing game. Upon testing the game, I get these errors when I want to "show dialog".
Code: [Select]
2015-01-07 13:58:02,334 INFO  [pool-1-thread-3] stencyl.sw.app.filewatcher.ExternalAppLauncher: [Flash] openfl.Assets#getBitmapData(122): [openfl.Assets] There is no BitmapData asset with an ID of "assets/data/Dialog Choice Selection@1.5x.png"
2015-01-07 13:58:02,335 INFO  [pool-1-thread-3] stencyl.sw.app.filewatcher.ExternalAppLauncher: [Flash] openfl.Assets#getBitmapData(122): [openfl.Assets] There is no BitmapData asset with an ID of "assets/data/Dialog Choice Window@1.5x.png"
2015-01-07 13:58:02,335 INFO  [pool-1-thread-3] stencyl.sw.app.filewatcher.ExternalAppLauncher: [Flash] openfl.Assets#getBitmapData(122): [openfl.Assets] There is no BitmapData asset with an ID of "assets/data/Dialog Main Window@1.5x.png"
2015-01-07 13:58:02,335 INFO  [pool-1-thread-3] stencyl.sw.app.filewatcher.ExternalAppLauncher: [Flash] openfl.Assets#getBitmapData(122): [openfl.Assets] There is no BitmapData asset with an ID of "assets/data/Dialog Name Window@1.5x.png"
2015-01-07 13:58:02,335 INFO  [pool-1-thread-3] stencyl.sw.app.filewatcher.ExternalAppLauncher: [Flash] openfl.Assets#getBitmapData(122): [openfl.Assets] There is no BitmapData asset with an ID of "assets/data/Dialog Choice Selection@1.5x.png"
2015-01-07 13:58:02,336 INFO  [pool-1-thread-3] stencyl.sw.app.filewatcher.ExternalAppLauncher: [Flash] com.stencyl.Engine#uncaughtErrorHandler(605): Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
2015-01-07 13:58:12,244 DEBUG [AWT-EventQueue-0] stencyl.sw.app.App: Action: Log Viewer

I tried disabling the extension, removing the "dialog" and "data structures", then enable it again and create the style (scaling images/windows/tween) from scratch, but I still get these errors. I read in another thread that I should try changing the "max scale" settings, then change it back, I tried that but no good.

It seems like all the 1.5x PNGs of the four window images are missing, but I have no idea how to fix that or how to generate them.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. full logs attached.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 10:02:09 pm by Justin »

Justin

Do the errors actually stop the dialog from showing? IIRC it should try to grab images with a name corresponding to the scale (the @1.5x part) and if they don't exist, it should generate the images by upscaling at runtime.

edit: Make sure to also copy over the four images from the extras folder itself.

For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 8am and midnight Japan time. (GMT+9)

Derelikt

Yes, the dialog does not show after I get the above errors in the log viewer, and an ActionScript error in flash:
TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
at DialogBox/restoreDefaults()[C:\Users\Mohammed\AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\engine-extensions/dialog/src/DialogBox.hx:291]
at DialogBox()[C:\Users\Mohammed\AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\engine-extensions/dialog/src/DialogBox.hx:69]
at Dialog$/cbCall()[C:\Users\Mohammed\AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\engine-extensions/dialog/src/Dialog.hx:100]
at scripts::SceneEvents_2/init()[Source/scripts/SceneEvents_2.hx:85]
at com.stencyl.behavior::Behavior/initScript()[C:\IDEstuff\Stencyl\plaf\haxe\lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/behavior/Behavior.hx:94]
at com.stencyl.behavior::BehaviorManager/initScripts()[C:\IDEstuff\Stencyl\plaf\haxe\lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/behavior/BehaviorManager.hx:97]
at com.stencyl::Engine$/initBehaviors()[C:\IDEstuff\Stencyl\plaf\haxe\lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/Engine.hx:1111]
at com.stencyl::Engine/loadScene()[C:\IDEstuff\Stencyl\plaf\haxe\lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/Engine.hx:982]
at com.stencyl::Engine/enterScene()[C:\IDEstuff\Stencyl\plaf\haxe\lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/Engine.hx:1780]
at com.stencyl::Engine/onUpdate()[C:\IDEstuff\Stencyl\plaf\haxe\lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/Engine.hx:2605]
I have copied the four images from the sample's extras folder itself and placed them into an existing game's extras folder.

EDIT: if I change the scale of the game to 4x, the errors become like this:
[Flash] openfl.Assets#getBitmapData(122): [openfl.Assets] There is no BitmapData asset with an ID of "assets/data/Dialog Name Window@4x.png"Now it's missing the 4x PNG.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 03:23:22 am by Derelikt »

Justin

Are you up for a quick skype call?

For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 8am and midnight Japan time. (GMT+9)

Derelikt

Sure. I'll PM you my skype ID.

EDIT: thanks Justin! turns out the "show dialog" block uses "Default Style" by default, and since the only style I had was called "BasicStyle" errors ensued. So, using "show dialog with style [BasicStyle]" fixed it.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 04:10:20 am by Derelikt »