Mobile Email System

MattHutchings

I require a method for my app to send in game data to an email, I found the Android Utilities which works perfectly for what I need. However, I still have the issue of it working on ios, does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Matt.

mat0pad

Use a scheme for iOS.

Put this in a [open in browser] block:

mailto:foo@example.com?cc=bar@example.com&subject=Greetings%20from%20Cupertino!&body=Wish%20you%20were%20here!

It will open the native browser.
Just replace mailtoo, cc, subject & body with what you need.

Stevetheipad

Also, you can save yourself the trouble with all the codes if you just use a handy MAILTO generator. http://www.cha4mot.com/t_mailto.html

HidetoKoudanshi

Use a scheme for iOS.

mailto:foo@example.com?cc=bar@example.com&subject=Greetings%20from%20Cupertino!&body=Wish%20you%20were%20here!

Will this send an email silently or will the user see the email being sent or have to interact with the game somehow to send the mail? Can you make your game send emails unobtrusively?
If I ever commission you for code work, please know that I understand how commissioning works. You must get paid first before you will code anything for me. Only once you are paid the agreed-upon price, will you begin coding for me. I respect artists and coders. You deserve to be paid for your hard efforts.

Stevetheipad

Use a scheme for iOS.

Will this send an email silently or will the user see the email being sent or have to interact with the game somehow to send the mail? Can you make your game send emails unobtrusively?
Sorry for the late reply.

When you use this in the URL block, it'll pop up with a box in front of your game (fullscreen on iPhone and iPod) that will allow the details to be sent out. To send an email unobtrusively, it'd have to be from an email you own. This is because of security concerns (you don't want an app to be able to impersonate you so you require that users see all emails).

HidetoKoudanshi

How can I make it send from my own account safely and unobtrusively?
If I ever commission you for code work, please know that I understand how commissioning works. You must get paid first before you will code anything for me. Only once you are paid the agreed-upon price, will you begin coding for me. I respect artists and coders. You deserve to be paid for your hard efforts.

Max Finch

The user will email using his/her own email address.

If you don't want your personal address to be known it's best to make a new one strictly for this reason.

My website uses forwarding to forward emails to my personal email for example.

(max@maxglocklinggames.com)

HidetoKoudanshi

Basically, i want my game to send character emails to the player if they supply their email address freely, so they can "feel the character cares about them" in a realistic way. How to do so without causing a pop-up of any kind, so it looks more "natural"?