Can't Test in Stencyl 3.2(phantom errors?)

ozz

I just converted my game to 3.2 and suddenly all I get is a white screen when testing.  Errors show up on the logs, but there different each time and don't actually seem to exist when I go looking for them.  I had no problem running the game in 3.1, but now it won't open in 3.1 so I can't go back.  I included the log, but I can't even figure out what it's saying anymore.

Edit: This message crops up: Ouch, this should not have happened! Proceed with caution, and let us know about this error on the forum.

Unexpected problem on thread pool-2-thread-2: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at stencyl.sw.editors.snippet.designer.Definition.parseForHaxe(Definition.java:1131)
   at stencyl.sw.editors.snippet.designer.Definition.parseCode(Definition.java:986)
   at stencyl.sw.editors.snippet.designer.Block.toCode(Block.java:2126)
   at stencyl.sw.editors.snippet.designer.Group.toJava(Group.java:245)
   at stencyl.sw.editors.snippet.designer.EditArea.toCode(EditArea.java:654)
   at stencyl.sw.editors.snippet.designer.EditArea.XMLToCode(EditArea.java:712)
   at stencyl.sw.io.write.resource.SnippetsWriter.convert(SnippetsWriter.java:840)
   at stencyl.sw.io.write.resource.SnippetsWriter.convert(SnippetsWriter.java:793)
   at stencyl.sw.io.write.resource.SnippetsWriter$1.run(SnippetsWriter.java:526)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 10:27:31 pm by ozz »

anglospanglo

Basically the same thing is happening to me. I posted here and got no answer. I feel like something is seriously wrong with stencyl 3.2

ozz

Sure, but I haven't backed up the game recently, I'm looking at weeks worth of work lost if there's no fix.

Legendary Hoamaru

Do you mind sending the game through PM?  Unfortunately logs aren't enough to figure this out.  It has been an issue for a while.

I may also need the folder of the game generated in the "games-generated" folder of the workspace.  It's time to nail these errors for good.

ozz

You can download it here:
Mod Edit: Got it.
(it's too big for most sites unexported) I sent you the password. 

Thanks!

« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 10:09:30 pm by Legendary Hoamaru »

api

Any updates on how to fix this? I've ran into the same issue... From Mac to Windows and can't go back to Mac :o

Legendary Hoamaru

Any updates on how to fix this? I've ran into the same issue... From Mac to Windows and can't go back to Mac :o

If your game isn't too large, send by PM.  It's easier for me to figure this out with smaller games since it's quite random.  I need as much examples of this as possible.

I may need the workspace games generated folder for the game as well (Since it is random in nature, sometimes a game will compile fine for me yet still be an issue for you, so we want to match the working setups as much as possible).

ozz

Is my game really too big to siphon through, it's  fairly large I know, but only haft done and I'd love to get back to it.  Anyway I can help find the problem?

ozz

I'm sorry to double post, but it's been a while and at some point I'm going to have to cut my losses move on.  I'm not blaming anyone (but myself for not backing up my data as regularly as I should have), but I needed to know is there going to be a fix for this or should I go back to 3.1?

« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 09:59:27 am by ozz »