My first Kickstarter has officially launched!

THX1138666

Just wanted everyone to know that I launched my first Kickstarter today for my game, The Adventures of Kroma 2. I would appreciate it if everyone would stop by the campaign page and check it out. Any support would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/599525631/the-adventures-of-kroma-2

Gene92

The Chromadepth art direction looks interesting. And I'm getting a Bonk vibe from watching the video, I don't know if you had some inspiration from the Bonk games or not but it's a plus for me.

WayneAdams

I'll kick in if I can get some scratch together this month.. but I'm blasting it on my social media feeds as well..

best of luck, THX.

THX1138666

The Chromadepth art direction looks interesting. And I'm getting a Bonk vibe from watching the video, I don't know if you had some inspiration from the Bonk games or not but it's a plus for me.

Thanks. No one has ever compared it to Bonk before. They usually compare it to Adventure Island. Haha. I'm glad you like how it looks so far. The footage on Kickstarter is very early stuff. I am working on updating graphics and animations at the moment. So new footage should be posted soon.

I'll kick in if I can get some scratch together this month.. but I'm blasting it on my social media feeds as well..

best of luck, THX.

Thanks. :) It means a lot to me to get any kind of support.

yoplalala

I think you should put an image from behind the glasses so we can see what the game looks like.

THX1138666

I think you should put an image from behind the glasses so we can see what the game looks like.

If I could, I would. Unfortunately it doesn't work like that. The best way I can describe it is that it looks like a Virtual Boy game but with multiple colors instead of all red. You can pick up a pair of the Chromadepth glasses just about anywhere that sells party supplies but they more than likely won't be the HD versions. So the image won't be as clear as it would be with the HD glasses but you would still get to see the 3-D effect.

letmethink

Is there no way to put the glasses lens over a camera lens?
~Letmethink

THX1138666

Is there no way to put the glasses lens over a camera lens?

No. You need both eyes looking through the glasses to be able to get the effect. It's impossible to create a 2-D image to show the effect.  I have already spoken with the company that created the glasses about getting larger sheets of the lens material for other projects and they said it doesn't work that way. They have been working on it for years with no luck. These are the same glasses you get when you go through haunted houses and such that have black light rooms with things painted on the walls that appear to pop out at you. I am just using the HD version of the glasses because it is a lot clearer.

irock

ITT: People don't understand how their own eyes work

THX1138666

ITT: People don't understand how their own eyes work

I can understand how people might not get how it is 3-D just by looking at the images and footage I have posted. It just looks like someone who is colorblind decided one day to make a game. Haha. But the effect is really amazing. I would love to see a trend of people making games in this way. :)

yoplalala

I think you should explain more what is chroma. And on your first image, maybe put a pair of glasses on it so that people instantly know that it's a "special game". Here if we're just looking and not reading the caption we see that's it's only red and that's it doesn't look cool.

THX1138666

I think you should explain more what is chroma. And on your first image, maybe put a pair of glasses on it so that people instantly know that it's a "special game". Here if we're just looking and not reading the caption we see that's it's only red and that's it doesn't look cool.

Yes. You are right. I have an entire section of the campaign page devoted to explaining what Chromadepth is but I guess not many people are reading it. Haha. I will be making an update this Friday and it will include more information about what Chromadepth is and how it works. I will also be posting images of what the custom glasses will look like for those who pledge enough to get them.

letmethink

Sorry for being pretty confused here, but is the original game actually available anywhere?
~Letmethink

THX1138666

Sorry for being pretty confused here, but is the original game actually available anywhere?

No worries. The first game was actually made for the 2014 Stencyl Jam that was held by Newgrounds. So it didn't turn out how I really wanted it to but it did turn out to be a complete game. So I consider it to be more of an introduction to the actual series since it is such a stripped down version of what the game was supposed to be. Part 2 will include all of the features that I was trying to put into the first game but simply ran out of time as well as a bunch of other new goodies.

Here is the first game for everyone to check out.  http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/636329

THX1138666

For those who might not understand what chromadepth is or how it works, I have put together a small animation to help explain it. :)