Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

[IOS/Android] Simple Share to email/Twitter/Facebook etc[V1.9.5]

Max Finch

Nevermind, I managed to exclude most of the unnecessary sharing options like print and copy to paste board. :)

Code: [Select]
UIActivityViewController *avc = [[UIActivityViewController alloc] initWithActivityItems:shareItems applicationActivities:nil];

NSArray *excludeActivities = @[UIActivityTypePrint, UIActivityTypeCopyToPasteboard, UIActivityTypeAssignToContact, UIActivityTypeSaveToCameraRoll, UIActivityTypeAddToReadingList, UIActivityTypePostToFlickr, UIActivityTypePostToVimeo, UIActivityTypePostToTencentWeibo, UIActivityTypePostToWeibo];

avc.excludedActivityTypes = excludeActivities;

I kept Air Drop because that actually works well and may be useful maybe?

robinschaafsma

UPDATE  version 1.1

- Share Screenshot (only on IOS) on android i get only black screenshots.

- Exclude unnecessary sharing options on IOS: (Thanks Max)
  • PostToFlickr
  • PostToVimeo
  • PostToTencentWeibo
  • PostToWeibo]
  • CopyToPasteboard
  • AssignToContact
  • AddToReadingList

« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 10:37:40 am by robinschaafsma »
byRobinGames.com

I'am not always on the forum, you can mail me if you have an question. info@byrobin.nl

rob1221

The image API has a block to get the screen as an image.  Have you looked at that?

robinschaafsma

The image API has a block to get the screen as an image.  Have you looked at that?

No, not yet , i gonna look in to that. Thanks.
byRobinGames.com

I'am not always on the forum, you can mail me if you have an question. info@byrobin.nl

riki82

Thanks for the extension!
It's awesome!  :o :D

robinschaafsma

UPDATE  version 1.2

- Now also share with screenshot on Android

(thanks rob1221 for the heads up, works like a charm with the IMAGE API)
byRobinGames.com

Joraanpe

UPDATE  version 1.2

- Now also share with screenshot on Android

(thanks rob1221 for the heads up, works like a charm with the IMAGE API)

Heya Rob, did you test the new update on android? On my side it gives an error, won't finish compiling:
Code: [Select]
Level:     ERROR
When:      2015-03-02 20:15:44:395

[openfl] /Users/joseanzola/stencylworks/engine-extensions/simpleshare/Share.hx:41: characters 13-37 : Class<com.stencyl.behavior.Script> has no field captureScreenshot

Justin

Joraanpe, the extension seems to have been coded for the latest private releases. Make sure you have a recent Stencyl release.

For Live Support: Join our discord channel and ping me @justin.

Joraanpe

Joraanpe, the extension seems to have been coded for the latest private releases. Make sure you have a recent Stencyl release.

You are right, it was that.
Thanks Justin

Joraanpe

Extra post: The extension is awesome, works like a charm, thanks rob!

*Id just ask, is there anyway we could "know" if the user shared the message, or if it canceled it? Would be cool to know so we can add rewards after sharing.

*Would there be a way to "force" the user to use certain sharing method, for example twitter/facebook (without allowing them to choose) ?

*Also, dunno if im doing anything wrong but on my tests with android, it does share an image but its an image of a corner of the screen, not the full screen. Any idea why?

Thanks again and keep up the awesome job

« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 08:28:15 pm by Joraanpe »

robinschaafsma

Extra post: The extension is awesome, works like a charm, thanks rob!

*Id just ask, is there anyway we could "know" if the user shared the message, or if it canceled it? Would be cool to know so we can add rewards after sharing.

*Would there be a way to "force" the user to use certain sharing method, for example twitter/facebook (without allowing them to choose) ?

*Also, dunno if im doing anything wrong but on my tests with android, it does share an image but its an image of a corner of the screen, not the full screen. Any idea why?

Thanks again and keep up the awesome job

* you can try to make a trigger event, if i program it in the extension it will no longer be a simple share extension.

*this extension use the activityviewcontroller on ios and the the simp;e share intent on Android, this meens IOS or Android looks for al install apps on device how can share a message/website or image. Therefore, it makes this  a simple share extension.  So for this extension not possible.

*thats strange, it works for me. this extension use the build in captureScreenshot of the IMAGE API on Android. Don't no why it works for you...
byRobinGames.com

Joraanpe

* you can try to make a trigger event, if i program it in the extension it will no longer be a simple share extension.

Hi Rob, thanks for your reply.
Could you clarify me a little more the idea?
I mean, how exactly can i know if the operation went successful?
It sounds like id have to deal with the internal code of the extension, am i wrong?

robinschaafsma

Hi Rob, thanks for your reply.
Could you clarify me a little more the idea?
I mean, how exactly can i know if the operation went successful?
It sounds like id have to deal with the internal code of the extension, am i wrong?

Hi Joraanpe,

Now that I think about it a little longer, a trigger event wont work, because there is no call back from ios/android code to haxe code. (sending back if true if share succeed).

I think it is a nice idea, if you can reward the player if he share your game. I will look into this.
byRobinGames.com

Max Finch

Doesn't the Chartboost extension use call backs for if the ads fail to load or not? Couldn't you do the same thing?

batuhancan

wow, didn't see this one yet, just what I needed. thank you so much!