Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

[IOS/Android] Simple Share to email/Twitter/Facebook etc[V1.9.5]

batuhancan

Hmm, I don't have sharing icons for Facebook and other apps; only mail, messages, airdropping and save screenshot. Is this because I'm testing, or is there something wrong?
update; problem was with my phone ⦿ ⏑ ⦿'

Also, when sharing is canceled, the dialog that appears looks a bit weird. It says 'Faild' instead of 'Failed', there are too many spaces before 'Message' and I don't think the capital M is necessary. The button says 'Ok' instead of 'OK'. Just reporting ;)

« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 05:30:30 pm by batuhancan »

Joraanpe

Hi Joraanpe,

Now that I think about it a little longer, a trigger event wont work, because there is no call back from ios/android code to haxe code. (sending back if true if share succeed).

I think it is a nice idea, if you can reward the player if he share your game. I will look into this.

Exactly. I hope you can get a way around it, it would be avery useful addition for the extension and stencyl in fact!
Hoping you can give us some news soon.

Hugs and keep up the great work!

robinschaafsma

UPDATE  version 1.3

- IOS: Return true if share succeed and return false if share failed.
- Android: Always return true even if share failed. (not possible to return false, when use share intent ACTION_SEND)
byRobinGames.com

I'am not always on the forum, you can mail me if you have an question. info@byrobin.nl

bjbest60

This is great--thanks so much!

I'm running into trouble trying to grab a screenshot, though.  The screenshot works and posts fine, but it crops out the right and bottom edges of the screen.  I'm testing on a Nexus 7, using the Stretch to Fit option for scaling.  I wonder if Stretch to Fit is causing the issue.  But the screenshot isn't capturing all of what would be seen in the standard dimensions, either.

Is there any way to control the screenshot dimensions?  Or are there other workarounds?

I'd appreciate any advice people have.  Thanks!

Max Finch

Hey Robin,

I think the behavior to tell if sharing was a success is broken. My game either crashes or it doesn't detect that the share was sent

bjbest60

A second question:  is there a way to make the screenshot auto-rotate?  I've got a landscape game, but the screenshot is vertical when shared.  Thanks!

robinschaafsma

This is great--thanks so much!

I'm running into trouble trying to grab a screenshot, though.  The screenshot works and posts fine, but it crops out the right and bottom edges of the screen.  I'm testing on a Nexus 7, using the Stretch to Fit option for scaling.  I wonder if Stretch to Fit is causing the issue.  But the screenshot isn't capturing all of what would be seen in the standard dimensions, either.

Is there any way to control the screenshot dimensions?  Or are there other workarounds?

I'd appreciate any advice people have.  Thanks!

On android it use the build in IMAGE API to take the screenshot, don't know why it crops right and bottom edges of the screen, try different scaling option.

No sorry, you can not control the screenshot dimensions.
byRobinGames.com

I'am not always on the forum, you can mail me if you have an question. info@byrobin.nl

robinschaafsma

Hey Robin,

I think the behavior to tell if sharing was a success is broken. My game either crashes or it doesn't detect that the share was sent

Hi Max,

That's strange, it works for me, can your show you behavior, so i can investigate the problem.

thanks..

« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 11:15:09 am by robinschaafsma »
byRobinGames.com

robinschaafsma

A second question:  is there a way to make the screenshot auto-rotate?  I've got a landscape game, but the screenshot is vertical when shared.  Thanks!

No auto-rotate, i will look into this.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 05:44:26 am by robinschaafsma »
byRobinGames.com

bjbest60

Just to clarify, it does rotate correctly on Android (perhaps due to the IMAGE API).  But not on iOS.

Thanks again.

Eddeeeh16

I can't find the download

Eddeeeh16

Nevermind

Thank you for the extension

robinschaafsma

Just to clarify, it does rotate correctly on Android (perhaps due to the IMAGE API).  But not on iOS.

Thanks again.
Ok thanks, that helps. I Will look into it tomorrow.

EDIT
IOS use now also the IMAGE API, this fix the problem in landscape.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 01:55:18 pm by robinschaafsma »
byRobinGames.com

robinschaafsma

Hey Robin,

Max,
Can you try version 1.4, i have change some code, hope it works now.
byRobinGames.com

c0rupt3d

Thanks for this :)