[IOS/Android] Simple Share to email/Twitter/Facebook etc[V1.9.6]

Joraanpe

Hey Robin,

I think the behavior to tell if sharing was a success is broken. My game either crashes or it doesn't detect that the share was sent

Yeah it is crashing on my side too, while testing on the Ipad.
Android works normally, Any suggestions Rob?

robinschaafsma

Hey Robin,

I think the behavior to tell if sharing was a success is broken. My game either crashes or it doesn't detect that the share was sent

Download version 1.5, and it will work on iPad.

If there is any problem let me now.

Joraanpe

Hey Robin,

Download version 1.5, and it will work on iPad.

If there is any problem let me now.

Thanks rob, it works now :)

Joraanpe

Oh btw Rob....Id like to ask you for your advice, which would be the correct method to use your block for checking if shared?
Ive used it inside the share button with the common conditionals but it verifies if shared even before it pops up the sharing window so im not been so successful at it. The problem is that my intention is to verify if shared right after the process ends to immediately reward the user.

Im attatching an image of the way im setting in up, hope you can give me some ideas.

Thanks in advance!

robinschaafsma

Oh btw Rob....Id like to ask you for your advice, which would be the correct method to use your block for checking if shared?
Ive used it inside the share button with the common conditionals but it verifies if shared even before it pops up the sharing window so im not been so successful at it. The problem is that my intention is to verify if shared right after the process ends to immediately reward the user.

Im attatching an image of the way im setting in up, hope you can give me some ideas.

Thanks in advance!

Joraanpe,

You can not use it all in 1 pressed on event.

Make a pressed on event and a when updating event. See my screenshot below.

hope this helps..

hodragon

Hello Guys.

Test on Android, "status bar" does not disappear appear.

I want to hide 'status bar'.

Do not resolve?

Indie Game Developer.
(I do not speak English well.)

AdventureIslands

I'm having a problem. This extension is otherwise working with no issues, but the screenshots are cropped in strange way like this. What could be causing it? I'm using Scale to Fit Full Screen if that's any help. Tested on iPhone 6+ and Galaxy S4, same thing happens on both.

robinschaafsma

I'm having a problem. This extension is otherwise working with no issues, but the screenshots are cropped in strange way like this. What could be causing it? I'm using Scale to Fit Full Screen if that's any help. Tested on iPhone 6+ and Galaxy S4, same thing happens on both.

I think the problem is with scaling option. Screencapture function of the Image API can not dealing the scaling properly.
Did you try no scaling or  fullscreen  scaling?

« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 11:54:14 pm by robinschaafsma »

Jon

Just wanted to drop in and say that we're always open to user-submitted patches to the engine. The source has always been open, and if something's fixed, we're all ears.

The Image API is rather low priority on the ladder right now, so the bug in question isn't likely to be fixed anytime soon.

Max Finch

@Jon @AdventureIslands and anyone else with this issue.

Took some time to take a crack at the issue and here's what I came up with.

iPhone 6 and 6+ use 2X scaling, even though 2X isn't *real* resolution what capturing the screenshot did was take the scene width (Mr Tart for example is 480x320) and multiplied it by the scale. (This would explain why the screenshot was in 16:9 aspect ratio but didn't cover the entire screen). So what I did was grab the *real* resolution from the device to take the screenshot from using openfl.system.Capabilities.getResolutionX and Y.

This Tweet: shows the result captured on iPhone 6+ simulator with Mr Tart in "scale to fit (Fullscreen)" mode.

to install it go to [Your Stencyl Install] > Plaf > haxe > lib > stencyl > 1,00 > com > stencyl > behavior

replace the attached file with the old one located in the above directory.

@Jon or Stencyl team, if you commit this fix could you please replace the how to install with something like "Commited to build"?

Available now in build 8288.

Tested on iPhone 5s, 6+, iPad

« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 04:46:58 am by captaincomic »

Unept

Thanks Max! I needed this fixed as well! I'll try testing it tonight.
Unicycle Hero: iOS  |  Level With Me: iOS/Android  |  Hue Ball: iOS/Android  |  Lava Bird: iOS/Android   |   Disposabot   |   Twitter

Max Finch

So it looks like games with a scene size that's not 320x480 or 480x320 still have a slight problem cropping

maxspeedmedia

Thanks for this great extension.  The share does activate and pass my play store url to a site such as facebook but the share message itself is not passed.  I tested without a screenshot and with only text typed directly into the  share message: block. Any ideas? It's still very useful even without passing the message but it would be nice if I could get it to work. Thanks!!

robinschaafsma

Thanks for this great extension.  The share does activate and pass my play store url to a site such as facebook but the share message itself is not passed.  I tested without a screenshot and with only text typed directly into the  share message: block. Any ideas? It's still very useful even without passing the message but it would be nice if I could get it to work. Thanks!!

I'm assuming that you're using Android and would like to share with Facebook

Read first post:
"Only on Android the website or screenshot will share with Facebook and not the message. All other apps works fine.. "

Here is bug link: https://developers.facebook.com/bugs/332619626816423
(http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7545254/android-and-facebook-share-intent)

rob1221

I suggest making different blocks for iOS and Android (with different colors or icons) since the functionality is different.  That would make it more intuitive for users and reduce the number of questions asked in this thread.