Akimbo Jimbo [iOS]

nem087

Akimbo Jimbo

FBI super agent James Macklin, A.K.A Akimbo Jimbo, always works alone, which is why he wields not one but two guns to fight for justice and freedom.  Take control of Jimbo and practice your shooting skills at the training range today!

————————————————————

===How To Play===

-  Touch the left and right sides of the screen to fire Jimbo's guns.
-  Shoot as many red targets as possible before time runs out.
-  Shoot the clock targets to extend your time.
-  If you miss your shots or shoot the friendly blue targets you will be penalized.
-  Hit several red targets without missing a single shot to earn a "Full Auto Power Up".

————————————————————

===Download===

————————————————————

===Preview===

————————————————————

===Screenshots===

————————————————————

===Notes===

I had a lot of fun making this game.  It's free on the iTunes App store if you want to check it out.  I'm currently finishing up another update to tweak and improve some of the graphics and features.  I'd love to hear some constructive feedback about the game so far.  Thanks  :)

————————————————————

« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 04:19:26 am by nem087 »

riki82

I try it now, seems like a great game!

nem087

Thanks riki82!  Let me know what you think after you try it.

henson802

I really like the idea!

batuhancan

great job! difficult at first, but fun ;)

nem087

Thanks for your kind words, guys.  I've noticed it's difficult to tell as the developer whether your game is too hard or too easy.  I guess that's part of why testers are so important to the whole process.

riki82

I love pixel art style!
The game is hard but cool, good sounds...
Great job!

Riki

nem087

Thanks.  I made most of the sound effects by just tinkering around in GarageBand.

johantri

cool, i would like to try, but no android yet? i don't have apple product :(

nem087

Unfortunately I don't own any Andoid products yet, so I don't have a proper device to test the game on.

Unept

Nice game, nice idea, love the art. A couple thoughts:
- I found I could just focus on one side and get a good score (42 without trying hard). Perhaps implement some type of punishment for not trying to get bith sides?
- Like the game "Don't Get Wet," you can cheat pretty easily by getting a friend to focus on one side while you focus on the other.
- it took a few tries before I learned that missing targets sped up time. Maybe flash the clock when you miss a target or something?
Unicycle Hero: iOS  |  Level With Me: iOS/Android  |  Hue Ball: iOS/Android  |  Lava Bird: iOS/Android   |   Disposabot   |   Twitter

nem087

Thanks for the feedback Unept.  In my first version of the game I actually did have a penalty if any target got past the player, but that made the game too difficult.  You may have been able to get 42 points using your "focus on one side" method, but I guarantee that no one will be able to achieve the current high score of 979 points by doing that.  Plus it's also a lot less fun to play that way.   You're absolutely right about being able to cheat easily with a friend.  The game "2 Cars" has players who cheat that way too.  Once again though that seems like a really boring way to play a game, but if people want to play my game like that who am I to complain, right?  I was worried players wouldn't understand that time was being removed from the clock when a shot is missed and your comment just confirmed it.   I think I might put text up on the screen that says, "-10 SEC", every time this happens.  Thanks again for your input.  It really helps  :)