Is HTML5 Export comming back one day?

dripple

I am still looking for a HTML5 export. Even if it's not the best, it's better than nothing and might / will work for some sort of games, like table games. With Construct 2 coming to the Mac, I think the competition is getting stronger  :D
Sure, my games won't get better with all the new features of Stencyl.
But I do have more fun creating bad ones.

MayazCastle Keeper

Jon

We get this question here and there. My stance is that we could include it on an experimental basis like before now that OpenFL has something workable, but it's not something we're interested in productizing anytime soon, perhaps more to test the waters with interested parties.

We're going to continue to focus on making what we already have better and particularly focusing on filling in the remaining functionality gaps on mobile.

Edit: From a technical standpoint, it no longer seems to be a drop-in option. Quite a few compile errors and some missing implementations we need. Doesn't look like an easy go for us, unfortunately.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 01:23:36 am by Jon »

dripple

Edit: From a technical standpoint, it no longer seems to be a drop-in option. Quite a few compile errors and some missing implementations we need. Doesn't look like an easy go for us, unfortunately.

Thanks for letting me know, Jon. I did know that HTML might not work for everybody.
To bad that it's to hard to implement / support, so I have to look for others alternatives then or go back to coding. (Stencyl isn't running well on my Machine, it's slow as hell, rendering errors in the UI with Java 8 - the old problems as they never get solved)

Cheers,
Heiko
Sure, my games won't get better with all the new features of Stencyl.
But I do have more fun creating bad ones.

MayazCastle Keeper