Need New Laptop to Run Stencyl

XerosXIII

Northfield, if the macbook you borrowed is not up to 10.9, beware on updating to the free osx 10.10 Yosemite, its buggy and causes a lot of trouble on application such as iPhoto, iMovie, boot time take twice as long compare to 10.6

whole certificate is a nightmare for first timer

it changes my whole perspective towards Apple

never again~

Innes

It's possible to create a virtual hackintosh on a Windows laptop, create an app in XCode and then install it on a jailbroken iPhone without paying for any licenses to Apple. I'm assuming that if it's possible to do this with XCode, it's also possible with Stencyl, by exporting the game as an XCode project.

Please note that I'm not recommending or advising to do anything illegal; you'll have to check legal issues for your jurisdiction.
Visit www.TheStencylBook.com - the only published book for learning Stencyl.

Stevetheipad

I wouldn't bother with any of this. Pick yourself up a used Mac for $800 or less if you plan on doing iOS for any serious period of time.

Cloudxjr

Hi guys!
I have a notebook Asus A6JC with Intel 1.66 ghz and 2 gb ram. There's also 128 mb of Nvidi gforce as video card.
Stencyl works fine, but compiling takes over  1:30 minutes, even for simple scenes. My OS is windows XP 32 bit.
I'm gonna buy a laptop computer, but  i can't at this moment. 
So, I want to ask you guys:
Do you think that the problem is my notebook  or could be some configuration?

Thank you so much!

letmethink

What type of RAM? DDR3? And what processor? i5? i7? Also what are you compiling for? Windows? Android? Or flash?
~Letmethink

Cloudxjr

Ram is DDR2, dual channel.
Intel Core Duo T2300 1.66GHz.
I'm compiling in flash.

letmethink

Your processor looks pretty awful. That's probably the reason for the slow compile times. I have a similar speed processor and i make sure to only test when I really need to.
~Letmethink

Cloudxjr

Thanks for the answer!

Cloudxjr

Does anybody think that upgrading my processor t2300 to t2600 with a 25% of better performance will solve my problem with compiling?

stevehearn

I recently got an hp pavilion g7 notebook 64bit with 8GB ram for significantly less than your budget if in USD. I couldnt imagine using less than 8GB ram because i hit the default 4GB limit in the 64bit runtime script straight away.