200 to publish?

Aiir

What!?! lol....I mean really? 200 to publish to andoird? I fell in love with Stencyl and now I see this? Uh im heartbroken...Unity is free... :(

Vectrex71

Are you self employed and work for free ?

And NO ! Unity 3D is NOT really free ! There you have to pay 75Dollar each month if you want to remove the f*cking SplashScreen

200 $ is much money i know ! BUT anyway it is a fair price !   54 Cents a day ! C'mon !!! Some guys pay 10x more for cigarettes every day !

Aiir

perhaps I over reacted lol...and besides...I am in love with this software hahah I cant get enough...so question, 200 bucks....does that mean I can publish unlimited games for the year? or is it 200 each game published? (android)

Stevetheipad

Are you self employed and work for free ?

And NO ! Unity 3D is NOT really free ! There you have to pay 75Dollar each month if you want to remove the f*cking SplashScreen

200 $ is much money i know ! BUT anyway it is a fair price !   54 Cents a day ! C'mon !!! Some guys pay 10x more for cigarettes every day !

To be fair, you're assuming a few things which are likely false:

1. The person has a job or a source of income before making this app

2. The person smokes or spends money on other items that are unneeded

3. That this person has any disposable income or ability to get into the business.

So to a student or young adult, even to one who works, $200 is a lot to spend if you aren't serious or don't know if you'll make the money to get it back.

Now, to defend Stencyl, they spend a lot of time and resources making this software and many people will make thousands of dollars on their Stencyl apps.

irock

perhaps I over reacted lol...and besides...I am in love with this software hahah I cant get enough...so question, 200 bucks....does that mean I can publish unlimited games for the year? or is it 200 each game published? (android)
You can publish as many games as you want with a Studio license. So, no, it's not 200 per game.

rrzl

If you are a student or young adult not making much money, the free version is more than enough,
the only limitation is the publishing to other than Flash.
You can still make money even with the free version,
through sponsorship on FGL, or put it on Kongregate / Newgrounds.

If you are ready to spend $200 for it,
that means you are ready to make some serious money.
Its $200 yearly,  you can publish unlimited amount of game to mobile/desktop.
Make money through Ads / in-app / premium price.
I'm sure you'll get back your investment in no time.

choppedupmonkey

I have no source of income, and I get 3 dollars a week.lol I see it as a business venture and if you make profitz then buy it again next year! Definitely great software! I was saving 200 dollars for a new computer, but I ended up spending it on studio.
My name is Jason, I live in America, and I am 18 years old

"Focus more on the product than profit, for the profit will come after the product." -Me