3d?

Aiir

Hey a folk so It's m second day into stencyl and I love how simple it is t use, though I was wondering do you think it'll ever support 3d?

Hectate

:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

ceosol

Yes, even qBASIC supports 3D. The issue is that you have to manually program it in.  All 3D engines do is perform all of the calculations for you in the background. This includes not only reorganizing vector/texture maps but also creating and deleting objects (i.e. rendering) to visualize them on the screen. Your two main concerns with 3D in Stencyl are:

1. Getting the x, y, z coordinate calculations

and 2. Creating the proper calls for when to render and destroy objects

edit: Not that I am saying it is easy by any means. It is incredibly difficult to set up all of those calculations for an entire game.

Hectate

"Support" in the sense of "being a intended target for release" will likely never be included.

"Support" in the sense of it being possible without regard to limitations, well, pretty much everything can do that.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

Donni11

Hey a folk so It's m second day into stencyl and I love how simple it is t use, though I was wondering do you think it'll ever support 3d?
Kind of ... ( the game "3Dgame" on the Stencyl forge by "NobodyX" )
Peace