Other software?

Aiir

heya folks! So day 2 into the software and like it very much, buying the studio pack. I was wondering though, is there another kind of click and drag sorta software like this?

Stevetheipad

There's garbage like GameMaker and GameSalad.

irock

As far as I know, there's no game development software with a visual programming language like Stencyl's aside from Scratch (which is where Stencyl got it from (with permission, of course)). Most drag and drop VPLs are node-based, which can get messy.

If you want, download all the gamedev software you can and try it out.

rambunctious10

There is something called Unity, but you have to know  way more things and its very complex. It's not a drag and drop sort of a thing. It requires use of code like C# (ew :P).  Coding is fun though. Or maybe you could just start from plain Java and work a very long time on it to actually create something. But Stencyl is the best. There's nothing better than it. :)

« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 08:14:30 pm by rambunctious10 »
I ♥ coding.

letmethink

I've seen a couple others with the method Stencyl uses but they were very small and I can't remember the names of them at the moment. I think I saw them from Ludum Dare entries.
~Letmethink

SadiQ

App Inventor has a similar look, yet it's geared towards mobile apps and not games.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers! Doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

dgcharlston

I think as long as you understand the limits of Stencyl (which isn't too much)  and know what your looking to do, Stencyl is an amazing program.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 07:28:28 am by dgcharlston »

XerosXIII

technically UnrealEngine can be done with only click and drag for something basic, learning curve is another matter :P

after meddle around with Stencyl for a while, at last I understand what going on with the OOP design pattern, at least the basic :s

Donni11

heya folks! So day 2 into the software and like it very much, buying the studio pack. I was wondering though, is there another kind of click and drag sorta software like this?
Peace