Emotional Balls For Android ~ *.

choppedupmonkey

Hello!

I am so very proud to announce the release of my game "Emotional Balls" on the Google Play Store for Android. This game will officially be released tomorrow afternoon when i put on the finishing touches. It is a game where you move your Unlockable ball  through obstacles to stay alive the longest. I would have loved to put Google Play Games leaderboards in the game to add some more competition but I could not get the extension to do any more than initialize itself. This is my first "REAL" game and i am so excited to see what needs improved and what people like. I have 15 unlockable balls on the game now, and i plan on adding more if the game gets an O.K. amount of downloads. I am currently planning on selling an Ad-Free version of the game for $.99 and i will see how that works for future game ideas. As of now i am 14 years old, and my parents hate me being on the computer. If i can prove to them that i can do something well, and get money or something out of it i honestly doubt they will stop me from using my computer. I hope that my fellow Stencylers will give it a try tomorrow when it comes out and let me know how it is.

<THESE LINKS WILL NOT WORK UNTIL TOMORROW AFTERNOON>

Free Version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jason.emotionalballs

Ad-Free Version for $.99: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jason.emotionalballsadfree

Promo Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hobAr9uIQFY&feature=youtu.be

</THESE LINKS WILL NOT WORK UNTIL TOMORROW AFTERNOON/>

Thank you!

Jason

P.S. Could anybody help me get Google Play Games Leaderboard Working?

P.S.S. How do i get the white from around the edges of my balls?

P.S.S.S. That sounded weird, how do i get the white halo from around the actor characters animations? I used Paint.net and the Magic Wand, but it still left a little.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 05:29:31 am by choppedupmonkey »
My name is Jason, I live in America, and I am 18 years old

"Focus more on the product than profit, for the profit will come after the product." -Me

spoogob

Ideally you should draw/paint your actors on a transparent background - that way you get no issues like you mention. I draw everything I create on transparent backgrounds - maybe apart from actual 'backgrounds' in my games.

I use photoshop - never used paint.net. Create a new image with a transparent background. Make a new layer (or layers depending on what your drawing) and paint on those layers. I sometimes fill the lowest layer with a colour or section from a main bg in my game to see what the actor 'on top' looks like.  (then i can hide that layer again if i wish).

choppedupmonkey

Ideally you should draw/paint your actors on a transparent background - that way you get no issues like you mention. I draw everything I create on transparent backgrounds - maybe apart from actual 'backgrounds' in my games.

I use photoshop - never used paint.net. Create a new image with a transparent background. Make a new layer (or layers depending on what your drawing) and paint on those layers. I sometimes fill the lowest layer with a colour or section from a main bg in my game to see what the actor 'on top' looks like.  (then i can hide that layer again if i wish).

That makes sense, so In photoshop I could just hide background before I save to PNG and it would solve my problem?

"Focus more on the product than profit, for the profit will come after the product." -Me

spoogob

Yeah, like i say, in photoshop i create an image (select background transparent, in options box when you create a new image). Create a few layers (or however many you end up using), but keep the bottom one blank (or as i say, cut/paste a section of background, or fill it with a colour or something). Then you can create your actor on the upper layers, and switch on/off the bottom layer to see what your actor looks like against some kinda background.

Then when your happy with it, turn the bg layer off, and save out the png with the transparent bg.

Bhoopalan

Hey Jason.

Photoshop does the trick. create an actor. Save it as png24 with background hidden. You can create graphics without the white line.

P.S: Png eats up higher space than jpg. So I would suggest using jpg for game backgrounds and PNG for actors.
If I helped you at anytime, help me back build my twitter followers :)
https://twitter.com/imbhoopalan

spoogob

If i remember correctly,  Stencyl converts everything into Png when imported. But either way, there are programs like Pngquant, which drastically reduces the size of any larger png files.

choppedupmonkey

Thank you everyone for suggestions, and i have now updated "Emotional Balls" with some crucial updates. I strongly hope that you will support me in this game as i use your suggestions to improve my game and make better updates.  :)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jason.emotionalballs

Donni11

I really like the new update :) !
The Game  just gets better and better !
Peace

choppedupmonkey

I really like the new update :) !
The Game  just gets better and better !

Thanks so much!