Dialog Extension Tutorial Series

Donni11

Awesome  :) :) :) :) !!!!!!!!!!!
Peace

Justin

Thanks, and sorry about the bug you ended up hitting when you tested the game. :\

If you import the sample game again and the bug is still there, let me know.

I'll try to look into your data structures issues soon. I'm away from my primary computer right now, so I'm going to be waiting a few days before I get a ram upgrade and can do any real work. Sorry for the delay on this!

Also, Irock said good work on the video.

For Live Support: Join our discord channel and ping me @justin.

TheIndieStation

I guess he is also happy with the new name then? =p

About the bug I ran into, it might have been a setting I changed but didnt put back. My main issue is the one I posted in the general topic about the type script null reference error.

No rush btw. I will try to find the error myself this week before starting part 3. If i can assis you in any way of tracking bugs, let me know!

Im glad both Irock and you like my videos =)
For someone like me having minor OCD issues, making video tutorials can be a pain, even if its just 15 minutes haha.

Donni11

Where it says " Watch my latest video here " - (homepage) it shows part 1 of dialog extension , but the latest video  is part 2 .. 
Peace

TheIndieStation

Thanks for the headsup ;)

Donni11

Anytime :) !  Also is part 3 coming out soon :) ?
Peace

TheIndieStation

I am still waiting for a mail from Justin regarding a bug I cant get over, but I will do my best =)

Donni11

Oh , that reminds me  , is the support us section complete yet :) ?
Peace

TheIndieStation

Finally, part 3 is online!
Check it here >> http://bit.ly/TISDialogGuide

P.s. Thanks Justin =p

« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 07:35:28 am by TheIndieStation »

Justin

Awesome! Glad you were able to end the video with a playable game.

If you have specific ideas to make everything more "self-documenting" or easier to set up, I'd be interested to hear them. I have many ideas already, of course, but I sadly haven't had time to work on this in a while. :\

edit:
Also, moving this thread to the dialog extension forum and pinning it.

TheIndieStation

Nice! After a year of creating tutorials I got my first pinned post haha.

I was already making a list of required settings which are neccesary to even use the bare basics. When I figured this out, I will shoot you a document which you can paste directly on your website. The biggest catch is that I cant remove some settings once I set them (for example the controls. Once set to a key, I can only change them, not remove one). And I am also creating a quick video after Im done with the guide itself for trouble shooting.

Another great thing might be some better descriptions inside the extension. But you can use that doc im fixing for that.

Justin

Another great thing might be some better descriptions inside the extension.
Yeah, this is along the lines of self-documenting. Much better than having a website to look up information is just having it right in front of you.

For example, maybe I can include a little graphic to signify that a certain field is required (like how websites often have an asterisk (*) next to required input fields).

Donni11

This Dialog Extension Tutorial Series is really coming along :) !!
Peace

TheIndieStation

Part number 4 is up!

« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 07:35:43 am by TheIndieStation »

TheIndieStation

Part number 5 is up!

(I need a different line somehow haha)

« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 07:35:54 am by TheIndieStation »