does anyone know what this error message means?

nynetailedfox

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
   at com.stencyl.models::Actor/fillCollisionInfo()[C:/Program Files (x86)/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/models/Actor.hx:4812]
   at com.stencyl.models::Actor/getAllCollisionInfo()[C:/Program Files (x86)/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/models/Actor.hx:4603]
   at com.stencyl.models::Actor/moveActorBy()[C:/Program Files (x86)/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/models/Actor.hx:4661]
   at com.stencyl.models::Actor/internalUpdate()[C:/Program Files (x86)/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/models/Actor.hx:1562]
   at com.stencyl.models::Actor/innerUpdate()[C:/Program Files (x86)/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/models/Actor.hx:1519]
   at com.stencyl::Engine/update()[C:/Program Files (x86)/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/Engine.hx:2481]
   at com.stencyl::Engine/postUpdate()[C:/Program Files (x86)/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/Engine.hx:2604]
   at com.stencyl::Engine/onUpdate()[C:/Program Files (x86)/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/Engine.hx:2597]

Photon

It typically means you are trying to access a variable that hasn't been properly set yet. For instance, when one tries to change the position of an actor using an actor attribute that hasn't been populated yet, you might get this error.
Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!

nynetailedfox

in my case its when my actor lands ontop of another actor which happens to be a platform. any suggestions of where i should start looking?