Ad Colony iOS/Android (Unsupported by Original Developer)

Max Finch

Looks like me and luis have it right now :)

Once I figure out the problems with Java that I'm having I'll send it to him since I don't have an Android device and see what happens

sebstarr

REALLY excited about this, Max!  :D

Just out of interest. How many times can you watch a rewarded video?

I was considering having a button on the screen, where you click on it and watch the video in return for a coin. If someone was to sit there, just clicking and watching the videos to save up coins. Will it work as planned - or will it stop showing ads after a certain point?

Also, if in need of another Android tester. Feel free to contact me.  :)

Max Finch

You can have as many rewarded video views as you'd like. You set the cap.

So if you set it to 10 times, than a player can only watch 10 ads. After that the available block should trigger false and you can use that to remove the button.

Actually having a lot of problems with Android at the moment. If anyone who is more familiar with Android Stencyl extensions would like to take a crack at it let me know.

Max Finch

Major thanks to Robinschaafsma for getting adcolony support on Android. We're actually unsure if it works on Android, it builds but it didn't show ads for him and I sold my Android tablet a while ago because it sucked.

Please try this version of Ad Colony Android users and let me know if it works or if you're receiving the same results!

luismp

I will test it tomorrow when i have some free time Max,  thanks to you and robin!!!

havana24

I tried it on android and it seems to not working.
The block to check if the ads is available is always false, and seems that when I try to load an ad the logs show this:
[openfl.bat] E/AdColonyLib(21458): You tried to get Instance without calling configure first on AdColonyLib class!

I noticed that if I put the app on background the logs show:
[openfl.bat] I/AdColony(21458): [ADC] AdColony pause called.

And if I tap on it again:
[openfl.bat] I/AdColony(21458): [ADC] AdColony resume called.
My Website: www.havana24.net

Max Finch

The first log is the problem. The last two are supposed to happen. Thanks for reporting this ill see if my limited Java skills can fix it!

luismp

i'm having the same messages Max :) hope you can fix it

Max Finch

I hope so too haha.

robinschaafsma

I will look at it also. I think i know what the problem is.

Max Finch

Robin will probably figure it out before me. He did all the Android work.

Max Finch

Okay so if someone could check out the latest version for Android that would be great!

http://bit.ly/AdColonyExtension

robinschaafsma

Did not have the time  yet to look at it.. I Will take a look at it tonight when i home from work.

luismp

same logs for me Max ....

havana24

Same, I noticed that this is shown when you try to play the video without having it loaded with the "video is available block".
the problem is that this block doesn't turn to true.
My Website: www.havana24.net