Ad Colony iOS/Android (Unsupported by Original Developer)

Max Finch

The video is loaded block shouldn't affect anything. It just returns true or false if the video is cached and ready to be played.

I didn't build the Android part, only the iOS. Hopefully Robin can figure it out.

robinschaafsma

Max, i figure it out... its a weird error, but is working, the problem is with the loading function..

It's not ready for publish yet, i have to finish this error properly, before publish

Have patience

« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 12:55:27 pm by robinschaafsma »

Max Finch

Alright just hit me up when it's ready. No rush :)

robinschaafsma

Here it is: Fully tested on Samsung Note 3.
I have also make the 3 boolean blocks into 1 block.
And also fix return on IOS(not fully tested).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0rkjr7ikbqhs4ac/AdColony1.3.zip?dl=0

Greetz,
Robin.

Max Finch

Thanks Robin I'll post this on the main page.

What do you mean?

robinschaafsma

What do you mean?
When i want to play the video under the available block,  It was always true on some reasen. And the video did not show.   I thought you said that in your video...

luismp

great !!! it's working perfect now ... :) :) :) but one question, how do we reward users ? i mean, i want the user to watch as much videos as he wants by touching a button, but how do i reward him? im not sure how to use the blocks because in the youtube video of the first page is for only one view, if i want to show more than one video...how do i reward users?

edit 1: nevermind, i got it working  :) :) :) i will implement this in my games and let you know about my results  ;)

edit 2: i'm having an issue with rewarded videos. i load an ad when i enter the scene where my "video button" is. it loads almost instantly the ad. When i click the video button the pop up message shows and if i click the yes button i see the video and i load another video right after the first one (assuming the user will want to watch another one) and it also loads in a second. But if i click the video button and i click the "no" button and then i decide that i want to watch a video it doesnt load as fast as before, i have to wait 2-3 min....... why is that?

edit3: the problem is the block "......ad is available....."... for some reason it doesnt trigger correctly sometimes... i removed it and now i can show ads as soon as i load them..

« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 05:00:08 pm by luismp »

sebstarr

Just out of interest. How often do the ads show up and what are normally advertised on them?

I was originally going to use Chartboost rewarded ads. But, I've just used a team of BETA testers and only 1 in 4 of them has come across an ad in the last couple of hours.

If these ads show more often, then I may decide to take this route. It's either this or Chartboost interstitials, I think.

P.S. Aplogies, Max. I've only just realised that you replied to my Interstitials vs Rewarded Videos post. (Didn't want to annoy people by resurrecting a 10 day old post).

Max Finch

great !!! it's working perfect now ... :) :) :) but one question, how do we reward users ? i mean, i want the user to watch as much videos as he wants by touching a button, but how do i reward him? im not sure how to use the blocks because in the youtube video of the first page is for only one view, if i want to show more than one video...how do i reward users?

edit 1: nevermind, i got it working  :) :) :) i will implement this in my games and let you know about my results  ;)

edit 2: i'm having an issue with rewarded videos. i load an ad when i enter the scene where my "video button" is. it loads almost instantly the ad. When i click the video button the pop up message shows and if i click the yes button i see the video and i load another video right after the first one (assuming the user will want to watch another one) and it also loads in a second. But if i click the video button and i click the "no" button and then i decide that i want to watch a video it doesnt load as fast as before, i have to wait 2-3 min....... why is that?

edit3: the problem is the block "......ad is available....."... for some reason it doesnt trigger correctly sometimes... i removed it and now i can show ads as soon as i load them..

I'm not sure you understand how this works. You don't need to keep loading the extension, it only needs to load once in the beginning of your scene. The block "ad is available" triggers just fine, it only works when the ad is actually available and can be viewed. Ad Colony won't always give the user unlimited ads and at some point during the gameplay session Ad Colony will set the ad available box to false.

Max Finch

Just out of interest. How often do the ads show up and what are normally advertised on them?

I was originally going to use Chartboost rewarded ads. But, I've just used a team of BETA testers and only 1 in 4 of them has come across an ad in the last couple of hours.

If these ads show more often, then I may decide to take this route. It's either this or Chartboost interstitials, I think.

P.S. Aplogies, Max. I've only just realised that you replied to my Interstitials vs Rewarded Videos post. (Didn't want to annoy people by resurrecting a 10 day old post).

Chartboost is a game only advertising network that to my knowledge is a bit new to video interstitials. (Though I may be wrong.)

Ad Colony is a video only ad network that advertises fortune 500 companies (Games as well as fast food restaurants, apps, online services, etc.) So Ad Colony will have a better service for your needs.

My upcoming game 'Worp' uses Ad Colony for videos and Chartboost for static interstitials. Worp will be out on iOS this Thursday and later on Android.

sebstarr

When you said that you were using Chartboost for interstitials. I'm guessing they were static images? (That you earned around $5 to $150 per 1,000 impressions).

I'm tempted to give Ad Colony a go, then.

Also, good look with Worp. I gave it a play the other day. Think that you may be onto a winner with it!  :D

Max Finch

Yeah chart boost is great with static (image) interstitials. Ad colony is great with video interstitial. Since they're only video.

sebstarr

Just out of interest - I'm trying to set up AdColony, now. (To see how it looks)

Would I be right in thinking that you would use the; Load Ad colony with APP ID: & Zone ID:  block on an early scene.

Then If Adcolony with zone ID: is available = (show custom button that I made).

Then, when my button is pressed - Play Adcolony A4VC ad with Zone ID:  pre pop-up message and post message on.

I'm a bit confused, as there's no caching. There's no block to say if a video is completed etc. ?!

Max Finch

Yep that's right :)

There's no caching, 'Video is closed' should trigger exactly like a completed. In most cases you have to actually close the ad to get back to the game, but in cases where the ad closes itself it will still trigger 'Video is closed'.

sebstarr

Ahh, right.

But what if a user closes the ad before it finishes?

Would they get a coin, but I wouldn't get any money for the advert - as it wasn't shown in it's entirety?