Ad Colony iOS/Android (Unsupported by Original Developer)

luismp

^ Interesting.

I would have thought that you'd be looking at at least 1 cent+, per video.

As great as this idea is, to watch a video and get rewarded. Part of me feels like Interstitials every 4-5 goes, would maybe be a safer option (as there's less chance of them not showing - as there's so many of them available).

chartboost rewarded videos pays usually 1 cent per completed view, more if you are in tier 1 countries...i usually get an ecpm of 7 or 8 (android). but there are very little inventory, just one or two videos per user per day. adcolony used to pay the same so im wondering if maybe right now there are low paying campaigns in my country......

sebstarr

^ Right. I'm having a similar problem to what someone mentioned, in an earlier post.

But instead of clicking the "No" button. I just have a button that appears if advert is available.

If the user doesn't click on it, no other ads will load - unless you restart the app. (This is with active ads as well, not test ones)

Max Finch

Android should not need to be loaded every time and everything should work like normal. Can you attach screenshots of the code you are using?

Max Finch

^ Interesting.

I would have thought that you'd be looking at at least 1 cent+, per video.

As great as this idea is, to watch a video and get rewarded. Part of me feels like Interstitials every 4-5 goes, would maybe be a safer option (as there's less chance of them not showing - as there's so many of them available).

chartboost rewarded videos pays usually 1 cent per completed view, more if you are in tier 1 countries...i usually get an ecpm of 7 or 8 (android). but there are very little inventory, just one or two videos per user per day. adcolony used to pay the same so im wondering if maybe right now there are low paying campaigns in my country......

Right now the game has maybe 20 installs and has made less than 100 impressions for Ad Colony and my ECPM is over $16. Or about $0.016 per impression. I expect that to shoot up once Worp is released tomorrow.

sebstarr

Sure.

Load screenshot is the logo (loading) screen.

Gameover screenshot is on the main game screen.

The button events are on the button actor.

Max Finch

for the is available you don't actually need a =true, you can just have the block itself because that block IS a boolean that returns true and false.

Other than that I don't see anything wrong, even that isn't too bad. I'll see what's going on. Because on iOS it doesn't have problems :/

Give me a few, I've got my games release, my games update, this, and my real job today so I'm busy.

sebstarr

Understandable. I'll see if dropping the =True makes any difference.

Best of luck with the launch!

Max Finch

Can you download the updated version and let me know if you see any difference with the ad available block?

luismp

Can you download the updated version and let me know if you see any difference with the ad available block?
updated version is 1.3 ? isnt that version uploaded yesterday? i think im using that one

Max Finch

I did a small update, just a tweak to some of the logic. Not worth uping the version as I don't know if it will actually work as intended.

luismp

I did a small update, just a tweak to some of the logic. Not worth uping the version as I don't know if it will actually work as intended.
i'll test it in a couple minutes

edit: for me it's still not working properly...the block "ad is available" returns true only the first time and just for a second and then becomes false and doesnt turn true never again so that's the reason when i press my button and check if an ad is available to show it nothing happens, because it's returning false... if i dont check if an ad is available and just use the show v4vc block i can show as many videos as times i click on my video button...(so it's confirmed that there are ads available)

« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 01:09:29 pm by luismp »

Max Finch

In an always create and place a local or global boolean that says "adcolony loaded". Inside of that boolean place the available block. Something like this:

Use that attribute instead of the native block and perhaps it will work then.

luismp

In an always create and place a local or global boolean that says "adcolony loaded". Inside of that boolean place the available block. Something like this:

Thanks for your time Max, i will test it later and let you know my results :)

sebstarr

What would the default value of the boolean be?

Max Finch

False.

Someone earlier mentioned app secret key, I see what you're talking about. I'm not actually sure what that does, if it does anything. I'll have to take a look.

EDIT: The app secret key is for cases where you're using an online client of sorts, which isn't what happens with Stencyl.