Ad Colony iOS/Android (Unsupported by Original Developer)

sebstarr

Oh, OK. Thanks for clearing that up.

I'll try this method. Just out of interest. Would I have to use the latest update to try this?

Also, if I were to put the contents of your screenshot into an always create. What changes would I need to make to the AdColony block in my GameOver screenshot?

luismp

Max now all is working fine. i use a global boolean attribute that i turn true when adcolony is loaded.

thank you.

sebstarr

Hey, luismp.

Perhaps you could help me, as I'm guessing that Max is up to his shoulders in work.

Could you give me a quick write-out or screenshot, in terms of how you set up the blocks?

luismp

Hey, luismp.

Perhaps you could help me, as I'm guessing that Max is up to his shoulders in work.

Could you give me a quick write-out or screenshot, in terms of how you set up the blocks?

yes, here is what i do:
- in my logoscene i use in a when created event the "load adcolony" block.
- then in my test scene (i dont know yet where to place my video button) i have :

sebstarr

Thanks for that, luis!

I think that I need to mod that slightly, to fit mine. But I have a better idea, now.

After you've watched the video. Shouldn't you change the boolean to false? Otherwise, wouldn't it just stay as true and keep showing a button - even if AdColony isn't loaded?

luismp

Thanks for that, luis!

I think that I need to mod that slightly, to fit mine. But I have a better idea, now.

After you've watched the video. Shouldn't you change the boolean to false? Otherwise, wouldn't it just stay as true and keep showing a button - even if AdColony isn't loaded?

i thought that too, but apparently..that block is to check if you succesfully loaded adcolony extension, and as max said you only have to do this once. then in theory there will be as many ads as you have set up in your adcolony dashboard...so if you want to check that number you can use another attribute(default value your max ads number in adcolony) and decrement it by one each time you show an ad until it equals zero...

sebstarr

It seems to be working fine on Android.

Just been trying it on iOS. I've noticed that it doesn't show the pre or post messages for the rewarded video. It just shows the video. Then, the screen seems to stick. I have to click on the continue button 3-4 times.

Then, my restart, share, submit buttons don't work. I keep clicking on them. But they're not responding.

I downloaded the latest extension of this (downloaded it about an hour ago)

dtrungle

I made an AdColony account a few hours ago, set everything up, and still no video ads are appearing. I'm on iOS btw.

This is what I've done so far,
Load AdColony at the beginning of my game.
Play AdColony V4VC on button click.
I doubled checked  AppID and ZoneID.
In the same scene as the button, I have a draw text displaying if the ad is available and it's always false.

On AdColony site, I have the zone active, zone type is V4VC, ads Back Fill, no session cap, and show test ads enabled.

Did I do something wrong or must I wait some more?

In the meantime I will try none V4VC.

EDIT: Switched Play AdColony V4VC to the basic one as well as switching Zone Type on the site, so far no difference but will check back in a bit.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 04:23:28 pm by dtrungle »

Max Finch

Then, my restart, share, submit buttons don't work. I keep clicking on them. But they're not responding.

Are those buttons part of the game or part of the extension?

@Dtrungle Plug your phone into your Mac and open Xcode. Go to "window" > "devices" >  Select your device and click this button:

Test the game. You should see some logs that look like this:

Let me know if the logs say the zone is available or not.

EDIT: Users experiencing problems, I just found out Ad Colony has updated their SDK. I'm working on updating it to the latest version in hopes this fixes our issues.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 10:11:11 pm by Max Glockling »

Max Finch

Please redownload from the main post and let me know if this works on iOS :)

(It's working fine now for me, but need to see if it's the same for you.)

sebstarr

Are those buttons part of the game or part of the extension?

The extension's buttons aren't the best. I have to click on continue normally 2-3 times, before it closes the screen.

But, then the buttons on the screen that aren't part of the extension; Restart, Share, Submit wont respond when I click on them.

I had just implemented Chartboost's rewarded videos onto iOS. But, I'll give this a try and let you know how it goes.

Noob Question: Do you have to update the game, everytime AdColony updates their SDK? e.g. If AdColony updates their SDK. Would that cause problems viewing ads on games that have been released etc. ?

dtrungle

Haven't gotten to thoroughly test it but the interstitial ad works now. I guess I just had to wait it out.

I did encounter a bug though. If you replay an ad and then get back to your game, none of the 'on touch' codes work anymore. I would have to quit the app and restart it. If I clicked continue after the ad everything works as it should.

The ad's buttons works fine for me.

Will test out the reward ads and the update when I can.

luismp

Max zones are not working for me. I have 2 zones and when i load them at my start screen only the one that i load in second place is recognized...the first one is ignored...could you take a look at it? (im testing on Android)

Max Finch

Try seperating each zoneID with commas like this:

luismp

Try seperating each zoneID with commas like this:

thanks Max, i will try and let you know about it.

edit: yes max , you were right, now it works  :) :) thanks !

« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 01:12:09 pm by luismp »