Flash and font problems.

Max Finch

So I can't figure out why fonts do this only in flash.

and

(It's now missing the score font above the best score)

Basically the font is trimmed on the left side and the font sometimes never shows up at all. This has only happened to me in flash
Any ideas?

ETHproductions

I've found that this happens for me when I try drawing text at a non-integer X position. Try using a 'round' block inside the 'draw text' block.
Fontstruct - Stencyl - Website (in progress)

Proud Member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

Max Finch

Yeah not working for me :/

ETHproductions

Huh, no clue why it's disappearing.... Maybe it is really a bug?

Proud Member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

Max Finch

It's kind of a bad bug since I kinda need to show the score haha :)

ETHproductions

Does the font have all of the needed characters? It probably does, but it wouldn't hurt to check. :)

Max Finch

Yeah it does

I've noticed it is usually the much bigger fonts. The smaller fonts never disappear on me.

letmethink

Are you setting the font above the code you are drawing it in. I remember a while back there was a bug similar to that if you tried to draw text and then set the font below it.
~Letmethink

Max Finch

Font  is above the text

captaincomic

Please check if it is better with build 8323.

Max Finch

still the same problem

captaincomic

Sorry, I forgot to mention, you may need to recreate the font to see a difference with the latest build.

Max Finch

I downgraded, with the latest version the game would build up to 98 % and then would throw a java error.

id8games

I've noticed this issue for a long time now when compiling to flash.
My solution to date has been to add a SPACE on the left and right of the text I wish to display - this solves the problem.
So using the[text&text] block, place 2 of these blocks together then set to = "SPACE&SCORE&SPACE".
This is not a solution but a quick work-around...