The Evil Resides

darrigaz

Thought I'd make a post for the game I'm working on to try and get myself some motivation and possibly seek a little bit of guidance. It's not finished yet (maybe 60% done?) but when it is it will be:

The Evil Resides

Something is seriously wrong in the town of Reside. Perpetual darkness has swept across the landscape, the residents have succumbed to an unknown illness and monstrous, deformed things are moving in the shadows. Hiding in an old bed shop you must survive 3 nights of horror by finding food, medicine and weaponry on the way to discovering what has befallen the town.

My intention was to try and make a horror game (still not sure if it will actually be scary) with a focus on ammo conservation and a system of procedurally generated scares. I've made most of the art assets and got the basic systems up and running, now I'm looking into some creepy sounds and horrific events to try and actually meet my original intentions.

Any advice on natty tools for creating horror style soundscapes would be gratefully appreciated (as would any expressions of vague interest  :P)

darrigaz

It's published and under judgement!

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/657456

Not the best game, as per usual I tried to be massively over ambitious and ended up doing a slightly rubbish implementation of a tonne of features. Still it's got a beginning middle and end so urm...that's a game right?