Game Messed Up

somersetjc

I was in my game and then I went out into a different game and I went back into my game and some things stayed the same but some things were deleted. I looked in my files and I still have all of the graphics from the game. I trued to run the game and I got and error here is the log. Please help me. Thank you.

Mineat

You did correct by posting in here. Did you close all the running files from Stencyl before switching to it?

somersetjc

You did correct by posting in here. Did you close all the running files from Stencyl before switching to it?
Yes I did, that was the only thing open.

somersetjc

By the way this happened when I went into a duplicate of my game I had created a while ago by copying and pasting the game files into the games folder so there were two. This was my first time going onto it in a while since I wound up never using the duplicate. When I went into it it had the name of the actual game and not the duplicate name.  Also the new graphics that I added for the game where there even though I made the duplicate before I implemented those, and all of the actors, scenes, and behaviors from the game that weren't in the duplicate weren't there. For some reason after I went into the duplicate and went back out no matter if I go into the actual game or the duplicate it brings me to that same thing.

Mineat

Oh, I see. You pasted old folder info into a duplicate folder you can't make it detect. Can you reapply its name from within the editor? It can duplicate it without the problem. If not, you might need to change the folder's info, the next time you do that.

somersetjc

Oh, I see. You pasted old folder info into a duplicate folder you can't make it detect. Can you reapply its name from within the editor? It can duplicate it without the problem. If not, you might need to change the folder's info, the next time you do that.
How would I do that exactly?

Mineat

Go to the game's settings, reapply a name to it, then save it. When you close it, a duplicate is made out of the new name of the game. If you can't do that, edit the game's folder to include your folder and not the other.

somersetjc

Go to the game's settings, reapply a name to it, then save it. When you close it, a duplicate is made out of the new name of the game. If you can't do that, edit the game's folder to include your folder and not the other.
Now it says could not load game due to corrupt or incomplete resource listing (data.xml) stencyl will attempt to restore listing from backup (data.xml.bak).

Mineat

Send it to Jon, with a full rundown of the problem. I would say your problem is with data.xml, but do so in case.

somersetjc

Send it to Jon, with a full rundown of the problem. I would say your problem is with data.xml, but do so in case.
Where can I send a message to him?

Mineat

Follow this, then go to "Contact Us" on this website bottom.